My new '67 Imperial sedan.

The canceling cam is replaceable through Shee-Mar, check Ebay.

Been to that on several occasions, I just replaced the one in my '67 with a rebuilt '68 unit and did it last year with a '67 replacement that only lasted briefly.

That gal with the heels touching your Imperial emblem needs a spankin' .. I can tell cause I looked at the link in your sig

Prime candidate for a spankin'!

Cleaning up the peling clear coat.

Got the top repainted, working on the hood, trunk and the rest of the Imperial. :sFl_america2:

67 Imperial paint job 025.jpg

67 Imperial paint job 011.jpg

67 Imperial paint job 014.jpg

67 Imperial paint job 023.jpg

67 Imperial paint job 026.jpg

Nice car! You don't see a lot of sedans. If you have to hold the turn signal to make it blink or to make the brake lights work, then you need the cam from Shee-mar, but it does not have cornering light capability. It is possible to transfer parts from the old one to add the capability and it's not easy and requires the use of a 1968 core. The '67 is a different casting and would require much more ingenuity to retain the cornering lights.

I forgot to mention that Shee-mar has no listing for this application, but their part number to use is SM-15. And you can't use their attachment method, either. You have to open the crimp and recrimp it. It is doable.

I've seen him do it, he's got the hands of a surgeon!

A few pics.

The paint was refreshed. Looks pretty good to me. I also replaced the mufflers, rear shocks and working on replacing the front suspension stuff.

Coronet in garage 002.jpg

Imperial 10-13 031.jpg

Coronet in garage 007.jpg

Coronet in garage 001.jpg

67 Imperial paint job 026.jpg

Coronet in garage 024.jpg

Coronet in garage 003.jpg

Imperial 10-13 032.jpg

Looks like you could reach into that paint and trim those trees! Very nice!!

What a beautiful '67 looks like you could fall through that paint job. You have a great car.

Back