My new '67 Imperial sedan.

This looks like the car the Chief from Get Smart would get out of sometimes. Outstanding!

There was an option for 'cleaner air', available for California cars. Not mandatory (yet). Do you have any thoughts on the smaller back (Lebaron?) window this car sports? I've been told it's not at all common. I started a thread seeking responses.

The 471 option code was a mandatory option on California cars N/A otherwise.
This will be on the fender tag as...

E

This is one way of knowing a car in an original California car.

Every piece of literature (all factory/dealer) shows this as a mandatory option on California cars in 67 including the Imperial.

Alan

By the was, was that you and your CHP car (69 Polara) at the Fall/Spring Fling? Those were some fast cars in their day, I worked at a gas station back then and they used to get fuel as they patrolled 1-10.

By the was, was that you and your CHP car (69 Polara) at the Fall/Spring Fling? Those were some fast cars in their day, I worked at a gas station back then and they used to get fuel as they patrolled 1-10.

No that one belongs to a good friend of mine Ron Hurwitz, I still about a year away from completion.

2013-11-12_001.jpg

Alan

The car appears to sit up alittle in the back. Does it have helper spint on the shocks or leaf springs? If neither, count how many leafs on the rear springs. Perhaps this car was ordered with optional H.D. rear suspension for some hauling of Government employees.

The car appears to sit up alittle in the back. Does it have helper spint on the shocks or leaf springs? If neither, count how many leafs on the rear springs. Perhaps this car was ordered with optional H.D. rear suspension for some hauling of Government employees.
Yes, it does have some overload springs. It also has a substantial trailer hitch welded on. I replaced the rear shocks with a set that has coil springs.

You do realize either one of the subsequent owners OR the factory modified this Imperial. You have a Le Baron rear window and a Crown split seat interior. Personally, I like the modifications immensely. The person that said it looked like an Embassy Car was right on. I never understood why Chrysler did not do this at the factory. The way they built it -- made it look like a fancy New Yorker.

You do realize either one of the subsequent owners OR the factory modified this Imperial. You have a Le Baron rear window and a Crown split seat interior. Personally, I like the modifications immensely. The person that said it looked like an Embassy Car was right on. I never understood why Chrysler did not do this at the factory. The way they built it -- made it look like a fancy New Yorker.
Wow, way to blow the dust off an old thread!:thumbsup:
Maybe @Imperialcruiser will update us but since he was last on in ‘14 I doubt it...:BangHead:

Wow, way to blow the dust off an old thread!:thumbsup:
Maybe @Imperialcruiser will update us but since he was last on in ‘14 I doubt it...:BangHead:
Sorry I did not mean to blow dust in your eyes. lol It is just that this modification is exactly what I always thought Chrysler should have done with the 67 - 69 Sedan. They seemed bent on marketing the Imperials to a younger crowd. When in reality, most Imperial owners were in their 50's and 60's. And they made the assumption that Imperial owners wanted a light and airy (read youthful) image for their car. My dads 69 sedan was triple black - if it would have had the Le Baron window and split seats it would have been "an embassy car"

Sorry I did not mean to blow dust in your eyes. lol It is just that this modification is exactly what I always thought Chrysler should have done with the 67 - 69 Sedan. They seemed bent on marketing the Imperials to a younger crowd. When in reality, most Imperial owners were in their 50's and 60's. And they made the assumption that Imperial owners wanted a light and airy (read youthful) image for their car. My dads 69 sedan was triple black - if it would have had the Le Baron window and split seats it would have been "an embassy car"
No need to apologize, these threads are here to discuss.

I am also blowing off the dust in seeing this thread. These photos had me doing SEVERAL double-takes at first. Sedan window/door frames, LeBaron rear window; too bad LeBarons weren't available like that from the factory, they both had the same higher roofline after all. Hardtops were very "in" in '67 though.....Looks great, especially in black, and it definitely has that embassy car look down pat. Must have been some kind of dealer special order, would be interesting to see the ID plate or build sheet...…

Back