My "new" Commuter

I had a similar experience, my 96 Intrepid was definitely more nimble and generally less encumbered. The 96 base intrepid was about a 3300 lb car and the 02 300m is about a 3600 lb car so I'm sure that's part of it but the steering and suspension seem to be stiffer and tighter in the 300m also, I believe they tuned them to give them a luxury feel.

I looked at this car also and was tempted but it seemed to have a slight exhaust leak and some rust starting above the windshield on the passenger side. This car was very tempting to me because it reminded me so much of my 96 Intrepid and not having all the bells and whistles to break was tempting for a commuter car also. The pictures aren't great, it presents much better than the pictures.

94 CHRYSLER CONCORD 53,000 MILES

00909_5uP6IuMmyy6_1200x900.jpg

00l0l_k0K3sn3gZaR_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_5fPNPjpD2OX_1200x900.jpg

01212_diylBrbPzfg_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_gpLznmy8IQp_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_jFujTZS8nUV_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_fYFywqTJrbA_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_4SWw2nm2E8G_1200x900.jpg

00707_lK3fdrh5fn9_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_2GHQJeskILL_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_8HeivygiMPg_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_f0wbOAGCI5p_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_4rMyUGnhM0G_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_bpxzGZNCNQM_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_6gE0WnZaBiJ_1200x900.jpg

00303_b6uNYUptajA_1200x900.jpg

00404_6wcnmaYFJSX_1200x900.jpg

1994 Chrysler Concord Loaded with Cold Air, Power Windows and Locks, Sterio with Cassette
player, only 53,000 miles, Power Seat, New Tires and Brakes, Power Mirrors, Tilt Wheel,
Looks and runs great.
$2500.00 call show contact info This is a land line. I can not receive texts.

I had a similar experience, my 96 Intrepid was definitely more nimble and generally less encumbered. The 96 base intrepid was about a 3300 lb car and the 02 300m is about a 3600 lb car so I'm sure that's part of it but the steering and suspension seem to be stiffer and tighter in the 300m also, I believe they tuned them to give them a luxury feel.

I looked at this car also and was tempted but it seemed to have a slight exhaust leak and some rust starting above the windshield on the passenger side. This car was very tempting to me because it reminded me so much of my 96 Intrepid and not having all the bells and whistles to break was tempting for a commuter car also. The pictures aren't great, it presents much better than the pictures.

94 CHRYSLER CONCORD 53,000 MILES

View attachment 193547

View attachment 193548

View attachment 193549

View attachment 193550

View attachment 193551

View attachment 193552

View attachment 193553

View attachment 193554

View attachment 193555

View attachment 193556

View attachment 193557

View attachment 193558

View attachment 193559

View attachment 193560

View attachment 193561

View attachment 193562

View attachment 193563

1994 Chrysler Concord Loaded with Cold Air, Power Windows and Locks, Sterio with Cassette
player, only 53,000 miles, Power Seat, New Tires and Brakes, Power Mirrors, Tilt Wheel,
Looks and runs great.
$2500.00 call show contact info This is a land line. I can not receive texts.

Early production with the pentastar on the trunk.

I also wouldn't argue the points of 1st vs. 2nd gen. I had a '95 myself. I also think the newer cars were too low.

That said they have some charms over the 1st gen...

Better interiors with less hard plastic (only applies to Chrysler versions). Fold down rear seats. Heated seats and steering wheel radio controls. No problematic rear-mount antennas. 3.5L no longer requires mid-grade, with gains in power.

Some things lost, some gained. I would have loved to see them evolve absent Diamler interference.

I agree with everything you said, I'm surprised at the amenities that the 300M have. It has almost all the high end options of today's high end cars. The 1st gen LH were truly world class cars and the 3.3L was infinitely better than the 2.7 that followed. Too bad Eaton got caught up in the belief that Chrysler could only survive through merger. IMHO they were better positioned financially than Ford or GM at that time to easily survive on their own..... Unfortunately it was the beginning of the end of an American icon.

Nice car! This may be what I look for to replace my ‘95 LHS after I’ve squeezed the last bit of life out of it.

Nice! Change the belt now! Unless you have a receipt for changing the belt in last 5 years, change yours now. 10 years or 100k your over on both unless it has been done.
I just sold mine for $400 in May and it did not make a week before belt broke it was 10 years old and 70,000 on it.
Change the water pump and tensioner pulley also, all cheap insurance and easy to do.
While your at it pull the airbox and isolate the A/C lines on passenger fender apron the aluminum line reacts with steel bracket and possibly the fender apron itself, throw in a little of our glorious salt/calcium winter posion and your A/C will not be working next year. And because of age and Daimler dismantling the company and all since then the line is non existent, it becomes a PITA to fix with any reliability.
Mine was a great car, most comfortable seats I have ever sat in, easy 5-6 hour stint car.

Early production with the pentastar on the trunk.

I also wouldn't argue the points of 1st vs. 2nd gen. I had a '95 myself. I also think the newer cars were too low.

That said they have some charms over the 1st gen...

Better interiors with less hard plastic (only applies to Chrysler versions). Fold down rear seats. Heated seats and steering wheel radio controls. No problematic rear-mount antennas. 3.5L no longer requires mid-grade, with gains in power.

Some things lost, some gained. I would have loved to see them evolve absent Diamler interference.

I agree with all you said except I felt that the 2004 Chrysler that I spent considerable time in felt far more cheezy in terms of interior quality - way too much hard plastic and some rattles compared to my 1997 Concorde.

Diamler bought the company to utilize their cash stash on the Mercedes products and then left Chrysler to die a starved death.

I agree with all you said except I felt that the 2004 Chrysler that I spent considerable time in felt far more cheezy in terms of interior quality - way too much hard plastic and some rattles compared to my 1997 Concorde.

Diamler bought the company to utilize their cash stash on the Mercedes products and then left Chrysler to die a starved death.

The early ('98-01) 2nd gen LH cars were more a product of Chrysler than Daimler. So (for example) all the LHS/300 dash parts are wrapped in vinyl instead of molded plastic. By 2004, Daimler was madly cost-cutting and such niceties disappeared.

We're both kinda right, just depends on dates and specific models. Same thing happened to Minivans. Dramatically.

I agree with everything you said, I'm surprised at the amenities that the 300M have. It has almost all the high end options of today's high end cars. The 1st gen LH were truly world class cars and the 3.3L was infinitely better than the 2.7 that followed. Too bad Eaton got caught up in the belief that Chrysler could only survive through merger. IMHO they were better positioned financially than Ford or GM at that time to easily survive on their own..... Unfortunately it was the beginning of the end of an American icon.
3.5L is the only one I ever cared about... but I always liked that engine.
The early ('98-01) 2nd gen LH cars were more a product of Chrysler than Daimler. So (for example) all the LHS/300 dash parts are wrapped in vinyl instead of molded plastic. By 2004, Daimler was madly cost-cutting and such niceties disappeared.

We're both kinda right, just depends on dates and specific models. Same thing happened to Minivans. Dramatically.
And I would still like to vent my frustrations with the DH responsible for the headroom change. That was certainly inside Chrysler, and IMO cost a lot of what the first LH cars gained with folks who were too tall to love a small car. That first LH was exciting to sit in...

Nice! Change the belt now! Unless you have a receipt for changing the belt in last 5 years, change yours now. 10 years or 100k your over on both unless it has been done.
I just sold mine for $400 in May and it did not make a week before belt broke it was 10 years old and 70,000 on it.
Change the water pump and tensioner pulley also, all cheap insurance and easy to do.
While your at it pull the airbox and isolate the A/C lines on passenger fender apron the aluminum line reacts with steel bracket and possibly the fender apron itself, throw in a little of our glorious salt/calcium winter posion and your A/C will not be working next year. And because of age and Daimler dismantling the company and all since then the line is non existent, it becomes a PITA to fix with any reliability.
Mine was a great car, most comfortable seats I have ever sat in, easy 5-6 hour stint car.

Thank you very much. I do have the receipts for all A/C components, Timing Belt, Tensioner Pulley, Water Pump, Hoses and Belt. I would never have thought about the A/C lines on the passenger side. Dissimilar metal fatigue will get you every time. You know the engineer's know this also so I'm thinking this is planned obsolescence.

@shooter65 are going to Carlisle this year?
I had my 300m there one year. The 300m club had a tent and we're very nice. Maybe they were just looking for more members, and of course they did not know the real me.

Nice car! This may be what I look for to replace my ‘95 LHS after I’ve squeezed the last bit of life out of it.
It'll be a good choice Matt. You saw the '02 300M special I snagged off the lease lot that December. My Driver Mechanic Friendz at the P.G. there in Chelsea have told me many times that the LH platform 300M was the best FWD Mother ever marketed. We gave it to our Grand Daughter for her 16th BD 4 yearz go and she iz still happily motoring it into her Junior year at UNC Greensboro and I think it's up around 145K now. BTW, That one got a new timing belt AND water pump while we had the 3.5L apart at just over 90K before we gave it to her. That 300M iz also the reason the Batwagon had a matching 300M bucket inside each side door, all powered up. EXCEPT FOR THE BUN WARMERS, lol

Last edited:
This LH is foreign territory for me.
What were the differences tween the 300M and the Concorde?
There were so many models based on the LH platform, even Wiki is confusing me.

Lh is basically the cab forward design from back in 90s. The Concorde is same basic car with a little more *** and lower trim and base engine tuning(3.5 high output in M had a active manifold, shortening the runners to help top end power), They are great cars just watch all the grounds as the car ages, of course the better your climate it will not be such a issue.

This LH is foreign territory for me.
What were the differences tween the 300M and the Concorde?
There were so many models based on the LH platform, even Wiki is confusing me.

Gen 1 '94-'97 (Chrysler)

LHS = New Yorker Brougham
New Yorker = New Yorker
Concorde = Newport

Gen 2, '99-01

LHS = New Yorker Brougham
300m = 300
Concorde = Newport

Gen 2.5 '02-'04 (Daimler De-content)

LHS = 1976 Imperial (as in kaput)
300m = 300
Concorde Limited = NYB (old LHS)
Concorde = Newport

* All 300s more sport-oriented in terms of suspension tuning. 3.5L is the only engine. 300m "special" ('02+) is even sportier with an extra 5hp. All 300s have a shorter rear deck and fold-down rear seats. Shares high-content interior with LHS.

* LHS is Concorde body with 300m power/interior. Best trunk of any modern car because of long rear deck. Will hold a snowblower or wheelchair with ease.

* Concorde is zero-status rental queen. In the used market can be purchased with an EBT card. Usually equipped with a 2.7 V6. Avoid.

I have spent considerable time in all the versions of the LH vehicles over the years. Besides the 1997 that I bought, the only other one that I personally was really enthusiastic over as well was the 300M. The only place where it fell a little short with me was the styling and especially the headlight treatment. But also a really fine car. Nothing else from 1998 - 2004 on really was on my "wow" list.

My 1997 Concorde also has the dual runner intake on the first version 3.5 liter engine as well.

Bob Lutz has his hand on the development of the earlier versions, and it showed through. The overall balance and everything about the early LH cars was as close to perfect as any automobile I have ever experienced in this class of vehicles. It was a time when everything lined up with the stars in engineering, development and design. Honestly, all the other 1998 and later vehicles did little to interest me overall and I have had no interest to own any of them. Kind of like Chrysler going from fuselage to formal designs..............

2004-01-06 07.01.41.jpg
2004-01-06 07.02.58.jpg
2004-01-06 07.00.57.jpg
2004-01-06 07.01.15.jpg

Thanks guys.
Carmine, your LH Chryslers for Dummies was exactly what I needed.

I'm not gonna even ask about Intrepids and Envisions. Lol

Commando. Just make sure you have a reasonably good supply of ADVIL when and if you ever have to swap a battery in ah 300M. 1st open the hood and after disconecting the rubber air hoses pull straight up and remove the air box inboard of the right inner fender. NOW YOU CAN SEE WHERE MOTHER HID IT. Now with your floor jack elevate the passenger side of the front end and after getting a jack stand under the sub frame remove the right steer tire. THEN remove the plastic shield from the tire side of the inner fender(Those little plastic Christmas Trees that you've now destroyed are available at most auto parts stores). Now with your little step stool hang over the right fender with a 7/16" combination and loosen and remove both battery terminals. Now back on the floor and pull the battery straight back and out of it's hiding place. ALL steps in reverse order and you'll be good to go after consuming at least one serious double Martini. I can't make this stuff up Pal and I'm now LMFAO 'cuz that's pretty much what the service manual sayz to do to swap batteries in those LH 300Ms and probably most of the rest of those LH carz too , Jer

Back