My unexpected Hurst 300 Find

"Good things come to those who wait"

Awesome find David and well-deserved. This car has lucked out with its new caretaker.

..... Interesting how the word "masculine" is used twice in this seven page manual......

Using the phrase "power bulge" in describing the hood might have been intentional too....lol.

I'm super happy for you David @david hill
Dave and I talk occasionally, and one day last week he mentioned he was going to look at a 300H in Ohio. Then last Sunday while on FCBO I saw he posted a message looking for 300H pin stripe set sellers. I put 2+2 together and thought immediately he had bought the 300H, so I gave him a call, in which he mentioned the deal was almost done. I asked who's going to Ohio with you, and he said, "well that's the "almost" part". Apparently, the local folks he asked were not available, so I told him let me look at my calendar when I get in the office on Monday, and that I'd call him to let him know if I could help.
After checking my schedule, and moving a couple things around, I called David to let him know I could assist with picking up the car.
The next morning was driving towards Indy and made it to his house about 10am. Next we were on our way to Ohio.
We would've been there a lot faster, but for some reason truckers seem to like the left lane in IN and OH.
Anyhow, we got there and the seller was waiting for us and had the 300H prepped and ready to go.
My first thoughts were WOW! You got a kick *** car, that needed nothing but a driver. David was smiling ear to ear.

20231219_135644.jpg

20231219_135658.jpg

20231219_135707.jpg

20231219_142034_resized.jpg

After the deal was done and before hopping back on the road we stopped at Culvers for some butter burgers.

20231219_151646_resized.jpg

20231219_153300.jpg

Some pics from the road, including one with a couple douchebags flying up on us in the Teslas. (see my review mirror) I stayed in the left lane and made them wait for a while before getting back in the right lane behind the 300H.

20231219_165321.jpg

20231219_165344.jpg

One last pit stop at a rest stop on the way.

20231219_172806.jpg

20231219_172814.jpg

When getting back to Indy it was already dark, but I had another look at this great looking car. That interior is perfect. David really lucked out that the previous owner dropped some big coin to make it like new again.
The engine has been gone through and runs great with a nice rumble too.
I'm sure the 300H will be well taken care of under David's ownership and it couldn't have found a better caretaker.

Holy cow man, great score.
Now the real question - will you drive it down my 1926 route 66 drive?

:rofl:

First surprise under new ownership. Wipers fail to park when shut off. All speeds work operation is quiet. Good wiper speed. Commands to park show power getting to the blue wire on the park switch. Factory Service manual has no info on how to replace the park switch. Where can I get info. or has someone else done this.

First surprise under new ownership. Wipers fail to park when shut off. All speeds work operation is quiet. Good wiper speed. Commands to park show power getting to the blue wire on the park switch. Factory Service manual has no info on how to replace the park switch. Where can I get info. or has someone else done this.

Alright! That's it! Standard FCBO offer is in effect. . .:poke:

Several weeks ago a Facebook acquaintance posted pics of a 300 Hurst w/ the caption, Well Dave here is your car. After some PM messages I decided to make a road trip. Another individual asked if I would inspect it for him. I agreed to inspect it over for him and send him photos and my opinion of its condition. Looking the Hurst over thoroughly I made a list up of repairs to be done. What makes this such a good find is the most offend damaged areas of this car was in very good shape. My client backed out declaring that It would cost him more than he thought I was worth. The opportunity was now in front of me to own my dream car. I have wanted and searched for a Hurst 300 since 2009. Most of them then were either derelict condition or way overpriced. I gave them a cash offer price. they were uncommitted and couldn't give me an answer. I headed home to ponder my fate. I was just getting on I-70 when broker calls and says we were off by about a $1000 and would I accept this offer. After several minutes of conversation, I said let me think this over as I had atriculated the cost of repairs were far above the $1000 difference. Iwas home in Brownsburg about 10 minutes they called back and accepted my offer. Here are some photos.

View attachment 633780

View attachment 633781

View attachment 633782

View attachment 633783

View attachment 633784

View attachment 633785

View attachment 633786

View attachment 633787

View attachment 633788

View attachment 633789
Wow! This is really fantastic. Congrats!

Congratulations! Always lusted for 300H’s . There was a local 1 owner console car around here that I could have had back in the 90s . But I had a few cars already and never made a move on it . I did get to lust over it as my friend knew the family .

Last edited:
When you spoke of picking the car up, I just assumed the truck and trailer route. What an absolute treat to be able to drive this new beauty home!
What an amazing contrast to see going down the highway, I have to remember these things are 50+ years old now(?!) Good timing too, excitement for the holiday season and you’ll have plenty of time to address all the knit pick items over the winter.
Maybe a little road trip in the spring, enjoy! Thanks for sharing your find,

Steve weim55 Colorado

You've been looking for one since 2009 (14 years) and you were going to squabble over $1000 bucks for a car in this condition? Am I missing something?

Looks like a great car.

Several weeks ago a Facebook acquaintance posted pics of a 300 Hurst w/ the caption, Well Dave here is your car. After some PM messages I decided to make a road trip. Another individual asked if I would inspect it for him. I agreed to inspect it over for him and send him photos and my opinion of its condition. Looking the Hurst over thoroughly I made a list up of repairs to be done. What makes this such a good find is the most offend damaged areas of this car was in very good shape. My client backed out declaring that It would cost him more than he thought I was worth. The opportunity was now in front of me to own my dream car. I have wanted and searched for a Hurst 300 since 2009. Most of them then were either derelict condition or way overpriced. I gave them a cash offer price. they were uncommitted and couldn't give me an answer. I headed home to ponder my fate. I was just getting on I-70 when broker calls and says we were off by about a $1000 and would I accept this offer. After several minutes of conversation, I said let me think this over as I had atriculated the cost of repairs were far above the $1000 difference. Iwas home in Brownsburg about 10 minutes they called back and accepted my offer. Here are some photos.

View attachment 633780

View attachment 633781

View attachment 633782

View attachment 633783

View attachment 633784

View attachment 633785

View attachment 633786

View attachment 633787

View attachment 633788

View attachment 633789
Awesome car! Congratulations!!

Back