Mystery knob

Pretty clumsy installation for adjusting a clock. Was the main reason I wouldn*t have taken this into consideration.

I think the reason for the change for the remote reset would be the deep set placement of the clock between the 2 guage clusters. It would likely be hard to reset and read it with your paw in the road.

I found this picture last night also, but no remote like the one Stan found...
Dodge%201967%20clock%20Borg.jpg

Dodge%201967%20clock%20Borg.jpg

Those were the two funniest back-to-back replies I have ever seen on FCBO. The Council needs to meet to approve Sticky status.

Last edited:
Those were the two funniest back-to-back replies I have ever seen on FCBO. The Council needs to meet to approve Sticky status.

I'm still chuckling about those two posts. One of the best by Dave to date! LOL!!!

Dave, you were polite and to the point with your reply..........the delivery was priceless.

knobs

I dont think so now, I think it may be something else
It's really hard for me to believe that being boys at heart, that the knob wasn't played with first, and questions asked later! Lol
It should have had a little sign next to it that said, "don't touch!" Then we would have known immediately.

On my Newport that's the trip odometer reset nob (it doesn't pull out, you just turn it to roll up the numbers). It's in the same exact location.

It looks like the same thing on my 68 Newport, until I found that I didn't know it had a tripometer, where your miles show on the speedometer is there more numbers directly below them, if so thats the trip meter.

It releases the oil slick for a quick get away from the bad guys.

No, you're wrong. It flips the license plate to a dummy one to avoid detection. Either that or it's the light switch for some room in China.

Back