Nats 2017

Good seeing Mike we talked for a while. My Charger made it with little fan fair. Started putting it through its paces today, taking it in stride like a good Mopar should.
Some of my interesting pics.
View attachment 137960
This was really cool like a half assed racer from back in the day that got found/pulled from a barn and drove there.
View attachment 137961
Then there is this car.View attachment 137962 View attachment 137963
And ran a 10.80
View attachment 137964
Then these two trouble makers.
Silver bullet one and two. A 9.80 for #2 and a 10. Teen for #1.
And my pick for best use of a neon
View attachment 137966
Then there is this guy.
View attachment 137967
All in all had a great time at the Nats even with slipping and falling out of the shower at the hotel and breaking the toilet seat. That's a story you will have to catch me in person to hear. No pictures on that. :thumbsup:
Your Charger made it but not one picture of it? I am a little disapointed.

Your Charger made it but not one picture of it? I am a little disapointed.
Sorry I didn't do very well taking pictures of our group. I didn't take a picture of Goldie either.

It must be in the name, Dave was a great host as always, setting up 4 tents and saving a spot for Goldie. Thanks for the post of me leaving yesterday Dave, the only picture I have, to show I was there. :)

I must single out this '68 New Yorker. It was beautiful, I have never seen a 2 door. Does anyone here have one? I don't know if I have ever seen a 2 door 67 or 66 in person either.

IMG_3567.JPG

A before and after shot. I am pretty sure this is the same wagon. The owner is from Columbus and mentioned how it was a weathered gold color before he had it repainted. I random search popped up this picture from Carlisle in 2011.

2011 Carlisle '69 T&C.jpg
IMG_3583.JPG
IMG_3579.JPG

IMG_7601.JPG
IMG_7600.JPG
IMG_7599.JPG
B
Sorry I didn't do very well taking pictures of our group. I didn't take a picture of Goldie either.

It must be in the name, Dave was a great host as always, setting up 4 tents and saving a spot for Goldie. Thanks for the post of me leaving yesterday Dave, the only picture I have, to show I was there. :)
Mike, I regret not being able to cross paths yesterday! I would have loved to chat, but Scott was there on his mission! LOL!!
We drove 1600 miles in 24hrs wheel time! By the time I got home (2AM) I had been awake 44 hours straight I got @ 5 hours sleep, I then went out to the garage to detail my convertible. After lunch the Mrs and I went for a nice coastal cruise ! We drove through Portland's Eastern Promenade, and "Old Port", Then on to Cape Elizabeth to Ft. Williams/Portland Head Light and Finally BlackPoint/Prout's Neck...I guess after viewing all the beautiful farms and cornfields yesterday- I needed to take in some cool sea air!

I can't believe I didn't post this. An amazing NYer

View attachment 137854 View attachment 137856 View attachment 137858
That is one beautiful NYer. I went to the Nats a few times years ago. i bet if I dug around in my pictures I would find some of this car. It was stunning.

Mopar Nats has its own way of doing things, you just have to learn to use them to your advantage. Out of about two decades, starting in '88, I only missed about three years until 2005 which was my last trip. There was a group of us from the North Loop Dodge Performance Team that went every year, some even taking cars for the car show. It was a great reason to "get out of town" and get my Mopar "battery" recharged. That first year, it was sensory overload as I saw all of the stuff I'd only seen in sales brochures when they were new.
CBODY67
I believe I went to a show that you guys sponsored when I was stationed in Abilene with the AF.

@ 67-Fury
You can see my Charger over behind Mike's hood in second pic.
Here is a couple of it leaving my Sister's house after a stop on the way home from the Nat's
Resized952017081395181651(0).jpg
Resized952017081395181702.jpg
Resized952017081395181712.jpg

I know it needs a lot of work but it was a blast to take a different car with basically no more than a few blast up and down my road. Performed well with only a mechanical voltage regulator hiccup which worked itself out(best kind).

Last edited:
Missed seeing you this year Matt. The 67 Imperial was in the car corral and was a beautiful car. A peek through the glass. Is that a factory option interior, it looked original?

View attachment 137915
The first '67 Imperial that I had back in the late '70s had that same interior. Mine was a very light, almost mint green with dark green leather trim. It was beautiful. I also picked up another '67 for the interior. It had the same design but was in light brown (Mocha) cloth, with chocolate brown leather. It was beautiful too, though I never had the chance to install it. Long story... sad ending

Back