Need fuse box diagram for a 1978 New Yorker

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I recently found a 78 NYB with a 400. It has a lot of electrical problems. The climate control doesn't work at all. both passenger side windows don;t work. So I was wondering if any has any tips or a fuse block diagram.

Welcome to the board.....:wave: There seem to be some knowledgeable guys here with later model C's.

Thanks. It's been 35 years since I had a mopar. Feels great again.

Hey, I bought a 1977 new yorker a few days ago. Looking to restore this one. Just wondering how good of shape yours is in.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I recently found a 78 NYB with a 400. It has a lot of electrical problems. The climate control doesn't work at all. both passenger side windows don;t work. So I was wondering if any has any tips or a fuse block diagram.
You're welcome:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2aj2hjt.jpg

Welcome to the board.....:wave: There seem to be some knowledgeable guys here with later model C's.

That would be the "Formal C-bodies", Mr. Fusie.

Last edited:
OK. From now on I'm referring to the 69-73 models as mid-model c-bodies...
smiley-kick-other-smiley-in-balls.gif

Last edited:
No, Not mid model, that would suggest they are mid line opposed to low line or high line. You could say middle year C bodies.....................................
:moparts ghost: C'mon! Get it right!!!

Thanks so much Commando !!!! I've only had the 78 New Yorker for 2 weeks. It has a 400 motor, some rare stuff, am/fm/cb factory radio, ride control suspension, cast aluminum turbine style wheel covers, wing window option. It was a one owner estate car, 41,000 miles. probably hasn't run in 6+ years. Minor, minor surface rust. It appears to have been outside a lot. I'll have some pictures posted soon. About the only thing electrical that worked was the ability to start. I still can't get anything on the heat, defrost, ac to work. blower motor doesn;t work. both passenger side electric windows don't work. there's a relay plugged into the fuse block that doesn't have the protective aluminum or plastic cover. have to figure out what it is and replace it. I found alot of things unplugged, the cruise control, under hood lights, trunk lights, etc. Most worked when I plugged them in. I need to find the shop/repair manuals. I guess ebay might be the best place to start looking. The New Yorker is PB3 blue, black vinyl top, 4 door sedan.

I believe your NYB has AutoTemp II - Pray, pray, pray, it's something simple. If absolutely nothing works, start with the vacuum lines that go to the vacuum reservoir mounted in the engine bay on the right fender.
Switches and motors for the windows always show up on eBay. As well as the shop manuals.

I believe your NYB has AutoTemp II - Pray, pray, pray, it's something simple. If absolutely nothing works, start with the vacuum lines that go to the vacuum reservoir mounted in the engine bay on the right fender.
Switches and motors for the windows always show up on eBay. As well as the shop manuals.

Nope...it's manual A/C.

Do you know where I can get a wiper cam?

How about roof rail seals?

LOL!!!!!

You need to buy a factory service manual before you waste all of our time with dumb questions.

You need to buy a factory service manual before you waste all of our time with dumb questions.

Gee, I just got those FSM's and the Parts Manual and corresponding CD's.

Thanks for the tip! LOL!

Sorry, Bob. I was trying to do my "old man with a hat" impression.

Hilarious to see Dave and Stan interact even back in the day. :yes_no:

Sorry, Bob. I was trying to do my "old man with a hat" impression.

Hilarious to see Dave and Stan interact even back in the day. :yes_no:

That was very good Ross. LOL!

Yep, they have been true to form right from the beginning and always entertaining. LOL!

Too funny! Where did you dig up that old thread anyway? By the way they're finally painting my NYB! They've painted all the door jams, underneath the hood deck lid etc. Engine compartment, I had them do the firewall and read support in the new blue and the inner fenders in black. He even satinned up the paint on the firewall and rad support to try to make it as original as possible.
Can't wait for it to be done. With all the metal flake in the paint, it seems to change color depending on the angle. From medium blue to almost black.
I'll keep you posted.

Too funny! Where did you dig up that old thread anyway? By the way they're finally painting my NYB! They've painted all the door jams, underneath the hood deck lid etc. Engine compartment, I had them do the firewall and read support in the new blue and the inner fenders in black. He even satinned up the paint on the firewall and rad support to try to make it as original as possible.
Can't wait for it to be done. With all the metal flake in the paint, it seems to change color depending on the angle. From medium blue to almost black.
I'll keep you posted.

Who/where is your NYB getting painted? I'm looking to get my NYB painted this winter maybe.....the guy that said would paint it for me is too busy and doesn't think he'll be able to get to it this winter.

Who/where is your NYB getting painted? I'm looking to get my NYB painted this winter maybe.....the guy that said would paint it for me is too busy and doesn't think he'll be able to get to it this winter.
I'm having mine done in Liberty, PA . Liberty Body Shop... he specializes in painting tractor trailers. I took the car there back in April but it was under the stipulation that he will work on it when he got slow...Well he never got slow! But it's OK he painted my MG about 4 years ago and it still looks awesome, so I know he'll do a great job and give me a great price.

F%$# !!! how time flies!!!

Posted via Topify on Android

Yep....seems like yesterday!

I can't believe how fast time is flying by since I retired from the Army in 1996. It's almost 20 years that I've been retired....seems like yesterday. That is scary!

Back