need power antenna information 68 300

Mike Browne

Reaction score
Looking to find and replace the antenna on my 68 300 with a power one. It looks like a tight fit. Did this year have the antenna that did not go all the way down? Is there an after market one or can I find one used and rebuild it. any one do this.

The ONLY power antenna that will look "factory" is the factory, OEM-optional, power antenna. WITH the matching switch to raise and lower it on the instrument panel. Anything else will not look correct.

On some cars, the factory power antenna was located on the rh rr quarter panel's upper surface. With related bottom bracing to the trunk floor. Plus the requisite llooonnnngggger coax cable to the radio AND electrical wiring to make it operational..

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I know in 67 and i think the same in 68 had them on the passengers front fender... and it was a slightly smaller and different location hole. I did add a power ant to my Newport when the i did some body work. Wiring was real simple.... But this thing I don't like it with that style of car the antenna does not fully retract. It sticks up 6 inches when is a pain for tarps .

Check out the service manual for details

Yup - a shorty front mounted power antenna. Sticks up above the body when retracted. Gotta remove the front fender to service if I remember right.

I can show you mounting pics from underneath if you need them.

You can get at it by removing the small inner fender... But a pain in may ways.

not looking good. At this time I have to remove the antenna for my cover and I was told it is not a good one for reception. I would move it to the back but the paint is to nice to fill the hole. It looks like I have room to work to replace it with out removing the fender. I will look for an after market power or a restorable one and put up with it not going all the way down. Can I modify the inner fender for room? or is the tire to close?

Last edited:
Back