Need some help picking a carb

Hey guys, I am swapping a stock 1976 440 into my 67 New Yorker that the previous owner slapped a 361 into. My question is, what is a good, affordable carb that will work well on a stock 440? Also, is there a decent electronic distributor that can be had that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. I just want to get this thing on the road and drive it before winter hits. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think six Stromberg 97s would be so cool. . . But seriously, the Eddy 1406 others have suggested is tough to beat. Just make sure you find / get all the adapter and linkage items it requires.

Im using the transmission from the 76 as well. Hopefully that is able to be done. I was going to leave the 361 in it but the tranny leaked like crazy so I picked up this running and driving 76 440 with a non leaking tranny.
Yes just use the converter that is with the 76 transmission, it should have a couple of weights on each side of the drain plug if it is a original. As long as it was behind a cast crank BB it will be good for yours.

My hot start problem now is much improved with the insulator installed.

Go with carter, eddy or holley. Right now I have an street demon 625, is a cool carb, very good throttle response, but is the worst design I've ever seen in a carburetor

A simple task like swapping jets is a pain in the ***, you have to completely remove the carburetor from engine because the bolts are in the base plate, you want to adjust your fast idle? sure, you have to remove it again or find a tricky way to access the adjustment bolt, want to swap metering rods? sure you have to remove the choke linkage and be aware of the very tinny C-Clips that holds every in place, they seems to be designed to get lost each time you try to remove them

Is a very cool carb with a ridiculous bad design

Back