Need some info...

Red63440

Reaction score
I went up today and paid for my car......very nice by the way! It will need two things, one which I may already have if it will work.
It needs a new vinyl top, the original is badly checked and shows some minor rust stains....who has a good quality replacement? Its white in the Laviant (sp) pattern.
The dash pad has several cracks in it but he did have a very nice one from a Polara although it is missing the two small vent screens (about 2.5 inches square) at either end...anyone know what they are for? I got several boxes of spares including a complete dash which is also from a Polara but it has all of the switches and a complete harness in it plus the instrument cluster. All in all its a very nice car....:sSig_thanks:

The dash pad has several cracks in it but he did have a very nice one from a Polara although it is missing the two small vent screens (about 2.5 inches square) at either end...anyone know what they are for?

Sounds like the optional additional speakers.

Another thing that I have seen mounted in the dash pad would be a square vent for the optional auto temp, but the ones I have seen are just right of the steering column on the driver's side only.

68 new yorker.jpg

68 new yorker.jpg

Last edited:
I got out the owners manual and it does state that when ordering the optional stereo 8 track there is 3 speakers in the dash..must be tweeters because they would have to be really small.

P1010060.jpg

What kind of person does that?

I have already started to make a list of things I need to check out and repair, should keep me busy for a while.

Look at this photo and tell me if I am missing the lower seat trim..I think I am.Interior%20Monaco.JPG

Interior%20Monaco.JPG

I found two black covers like shown in your photo but I have a power seat...would they be the same?

The cover for the power seat would have a hole through the panel higher than the manual lever. Worst case, get a standard piece and drill a hole for your master switch.

I sent him a note and will see what he has to say..in the mean time at least I have a photo of what I need. Thanks!

Mine should be the same as yours if you need more pics there should be a few in my thread or I could take some better ones for you.

Back