New Bullet

Oh, you meant the contact spring...

orFWFqi.jpg

Well I would have posted time slips but weekend was a bust, not a single run down the track. Missed time trials on Fri due to just running out of time to finish car up and late leaving. Sat was totally due to Mother nature and poor track time management that all I am going to say about that. Sun I am plagued by ignition trouble (wires) so just packed it in came home. Car did well and seems stronger, will fix my ignition trouble and try again locally here in a week or two.

Quick update, went to track today car is still being plagued by ignition and carburetor problems and it definatly needs a converter.
#1 run 16.37@ 90.47
#2 run 16.24@ 91.43
After going through the wires again
#3 run 15.03@ 98.68
IMG_20150926_190145_648.jpg

So although my e.t. is not to good due to the car laying down and sputtering off the line, once it gets up and starts pulling my mph is solidly pointing to a 13 second time slip all with 3.23 rear and a stock for now converter. I'm going to work on ignition and carb till the snow flies and this winter pull the trans and put a converter in it.

IMG_20150926_190145_648.jpg

Looks promising Dave. What converter are you going with?

Not bad for first time out.

With that 60 foot time are you having traction problems off the tree?

No that 60' is all part of it lying down off the line, plus having a stock converter is not helping. If I get that fixed it will most likely have traction issues which are easy to fix at this level, sticky tires. Matt I think I am going to use the 10" one I had for my Barracuda which will then give me a justifiable reason to buy a $900 Dynamic converter for that car.

That sounds like a good choice. I may be picking your brain for a converter choice soon, you and the guy helping me rebuild my trans. I finally found a good doner 46RE for some upgraded internals for my 727 build.

Back