New Bullet

gotta respect a guy who knows what he wants and can modify then put it all together to achieve the desired effect.:3gears:

Last edited:
It was redone a while back still shakes the dash when it shifts should be fine. I am adding the converter I bought at Carlisle this year.
Nice work, you have some real talent. Just wondering, what type of torque converter did you get?

Nice work, you have some real talent. Just wondering, what type of torque converter did you get?

Well that's a problem its a 11" TCI new in box only problem is it is a 19 spline 66and earlier T.C. my bad I know better but its so rare to even see a performance converter for the early trans I did not check it dooh. Does anyone with a 66 and earlier need a converter I have one cheap. So the stockish converter is going back in for now so much for any good 60 foot time. Having trouble with the dipstick and column shift linkage playing nice with the headers, I am not modifying any of the original pieces so I am raiding the parts bin to modify stuff from cars long gone.

IMG_20150906_225742_451.jpg

IMG_20150906_225755_506.jpg

IMG_20150906_225742_451.jpg

Looks great Dave!! Eager to see how she turns out. Ill bring my smogger 400 over for a build lol.

Maybe when I retire I can find a reasonable valiant or a duster and put a stroked 440 in it for the track.

Nothing wrong with the 516 castings and nice job hogging them out.

Awesome job dave, What are you going to do for the exhaust now that you have headers?

Sweet! Why I haven't bought a lift yet I don't know.

The last time I had the engine out of this car and repainted the engine compartment I used the engine hoist to raise the front of the body up and roll the engine, trans, and k frame out on the dolly. However if you ever do buy a lift you will never work on cars the same way again. Yes I have spent my fair share of laying on my back in the snow or blistering heat changing transmissions, rearends, gas tanks, brake lines.

Awesome job dave, What are you going to do for the exhaust now that you have headers?

I bought a Summit universal X pipe kit I wish I had bought some extra pieces to make the job easier, better but I will have to make due with some A.Z. shelf pieces. It is a nicer kit than I thought it was going to be. I'll grab some pics when I get a chance.

Back