New Fury III Guy

A question: on this '69 would the firewall have been originally the body color? The radiator support also (both front and back?)? The inner fenders would have been semi gloss black? The hood hinges body color? If the firewall was body color where did the color break (to black) take place?
Thanks,
Mike
The firewall was body color as was the entire shell of the car, the chassis will be black as are the inner fenders and the radiator support will be body color too on top and the back of it, there was flat black sprayed into the front surface areas of it. The hinges body color too.

If a car had undercoating the black usually broke at the seam

187134 2010 engine removal 10.jpg

187134 2010 engine removal 10.jpg

Got the seats/carpet out of the Fury. Found what was left of the Build Sheet. The low sections of the floors need help. I have the new sheet metal.IMG_5920.jpgIMG_5921.jpgIMG_5923.jpgIMG_5924.jpgIMG_5925.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

No, they are American made (if you can believe it) and go all the way across to the door. Luck only as I just picked some out of Ebay. Seem to be pretty good. The new trunk pan is beat up some but it will do.

good looking project. if you are good with sheetmetal and not too exacting, these panels can be made to work.

No, they are American made (if you can believe it) and go all the way across to the door. Luck only as I just picked some out of Ebay. Seem to be pretty good. The new trunk pan is beat up some but it will do.
Amazing. Who was the vendor a/o manufacturer? Lot of guys here will want to know.

A question: on this '69 would the firewall have been originally the body color? The radiator support also (both front and back?)? The inner fenders would have been semi gloss black? The hood hinges body color? If the firewall was body color where did the color break (to black) take place?
Thanks,
Mike

The firewall on a 69 is body color.

Here is the list (for a 69)

BODY COLOR
1. Fender Braces
2. Core Support
3. Hood Latch Support (vertical bracket behind the grill)
4. Battery Tray
5. Hood Catch Loop (on hood)
6. Hood hinges

NOT Body Color
1. Inner Fenders
2. Grill Brackets
3. Hood Latch Bracket (the one with the spring attached)
4. Battery Tray Support

Here is a 69 in green (all original), you can see the vent blackout, this is not masked and is done prior to the fenders being mounted

2009-11-21_36.jpg

I have compared this car and a red parts car and they are both the same, I needed to know as my project is black an it was hard to sort out what parts were satin black.

Alan

Alan: Thanks much. That told me some info I did not know completely. However, is the front of the core support painted with some sort of blackout (semi gloss) whereas the back of the support would be body color (gloss)? We are going to paint this big boy black also so this info was good.

Alan: Thanks much. That told me some info I did not know completely. However, is the front of the core support painted with some sort of blackout (semi gloss) whereas the back of the support would be body color (gloss)? We are going to paint this big boy black also so this info was good.

Correct, this is a more recent picture and you can see the grill brackets and latch bracket are weathered as they were not painted with the same paint as the body.
You can see the blackout in this picture.

THE CORE SUPPORT ON A BLACK CAR WOULD BE LEFT GLOSS, they did not put the satin black on the core support of dark color cars.

2014-01-20_001.jpg

Alan

This could even vary by plant. I remember Will's red 1969 300 for example came without blackout on the support at all. This Plymouth though obviously had it right from the start as seen in the early pics.

Back