New Fury III Guy

Fellows: The driver's rear quarter window (rear passenger) is busted out on this Fury. Will a window out of a 2 door hard top fit this application?
THanks,
Mike

not 100% sure, but i think the hardtop windows are rounded at the rear corners and the convertibles are triangular

A Corvette guy has never been warmly received here before. You must be doing something right. LOL!
Keep up the good work.

Cut the trunk out and removed the rear end/suspension. A question: was the rear end in these Plymouths painted a semi gloss black? If not, please give me some guidance on the color. IMG_5994.jpgIMG_5997.jpgIMG_6010.jpgIMG_6011.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6011.jpg

Found the quarter window, nos over at a place in Atlanta. $235. Found another nos one and those folks wanted $550. Quite a range.

keep in mind there are tinted and non-tinted windows

Correct. This one is tinted, as I needed. I talked to another bogus-*** outfit that said they had the glass but could not tell me if it was tinted or not. The deal was pay now and they would then send a picture of the glass with a so called guarantee to give you your $ back if the part was not as described. Not.

A question: was the rear end in these Plymouths painted a semi gloss black? If not, please give me some guidance on the color.
I Googled a lot of Mopar "reference" cars and near 100 pt. restorations and every one of them showed the rear end with a painted black with this finish.

This is a 100 pt. restoration. You can decide where it lies between satin and semi-gloss. I'm guessing S/G with a flatener?

GG.jpg

Last edited:
Cutting out some rust. Going to pull the engine and trans and then put the body on a dolly and then sandblast the bottom/inside of these panels, trunk, bracing, firewall, etc. The rust is really only bad in the very bottoms although we are going to find some up around rear window deck and trunk lip. IMG_6035.jpgIMG_6045.jpg

IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6045.jpg

I have been tied up on some other projects (I am including a picture of a '63 Ford Fairlane we have been working on; the frame was done by another guy, we have been workIMG_6169.jpgIMG_6174.jpgIMG_6213.jpgIMG_6216.jpgIMG_6215.jpging on the body) but am now back on the '69 Fury. Got the floor patches welded in and the trunk floor and extensions fitted. Going to blast up underneath and in the trunk before welding in the trunk.

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

IMG_6216.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

We have sandblasted the bottom and front frame rails and firewall. The old undercoating really protected the car underneath. However, the convertible top was leaking bad on each corner in the front and the metal up on the windshield frame in both corners on top is in really rough shape (rust). I'll post some pictures as I willIMG_6223.jpgIMG_6229.jpgIMG_6234.jpgIMG_6236.jpgIMG_6237.jpg need some help on coming up with a fix there.

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the rust up on top of the windshield at the very front of the convertible top. We perhaps could fab up a patch if the mechanism is not involved with the rust. Will have to further investigate.IMG_6245.jpgIMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6245.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

Back