New Fury III Guy

if the lip underneath where the seal goes is good, you should be ok. cut out the rust and replace the metal. make sure you get all of the rust out of the inside or every time you open and close the top, rust powder will fall out. when the new top goes on, glue an extra piece of vinyl over your repairs so they don't show through.

Getting the new trunk floor fab'd in. There are some small holes in the interior floor that we will use a product called Marine Tex on. That is a 2 part epoxy that is really strong. There is a bad rusted place where the rear convertible top support meets up with the pass inner fender. That is going to need some metal replacement. IMG_6255.jpgIMG_6261.jpgIMG_6262.jpgIMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6255.jpg

IMG_6261.jpg

IMG_6262.jpg

IMG_6263.jpg

where are you located? I have a 68 Fury 3 convertible that runs great but needs some floor and trunk patches, a good sanding, new paint...a few other mechanical things as well --- any chance you would want another project over this winter?

where are you located? I have a 68 Fury 3 convertible that runs great but needs some floor and trunk patches, a good sanding, new paint...a few other mechanical things as well --- any chance you would want another project over this winter?

I am a retired guy in Madison, Ms. I had been in the gen ins biz for 30 years before selling out and getting out, thank Goodness. I had grown up in the Muscle Car era of the '60's and had always loved those vehicles. I built a nice garage behind my home in 2006 to house some cars I own. I had done a couple of restorations on a couple of these cars and it was not long before someone asked me to do some work for them. It was not my intent but my 'hobby' has gained a little momentum. I recently had a website done and it is shown here: http://www.classicrestorationsllc.com/ I have about 6 months worth of work here now but am always interested in what to do next. Tks, Mike

Just about done with the trunk pan and extensions. Moving onto some issues with the metal around the convertible top and the trunk lip and quarter patches. We are going to chemically strip what paint is left (the front fenders, doors, hood and trunk have been chemically dipped). MikeIMG_6272.jpgIMG_6273.jpgIMG_6274.jpgIMG_6277.jpgIMG_6278.jpg

IMG_6272.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6278.jpg

I have been tied up on some other projects (I am including a picture of a '63 Ford Fairlane we have been working on; the frame was done by another guy, we have been working on the body) but am now back on the '69 Fury. Got the floor patches welded in and the trunk floor and extensions fitted. Going to blast up underneath and in the trunk before welding in the trunk.

Great work on the floor pans and the trunk! Did you made the floor pans yourself or did you bought them? If you bought them, can you tell me where please!?

Look back on page 3 of this thread. The name of the ebay vendor is there. Everything fit good except the trunk extensions. those are made to fit many Chry/Ply/Dodge models and we had to modify them pretty good. However, they were better than having nothing.

It has been sometimes since I reported on any progress on the '69 Fury III convertible that we have been working on. That is mainly because I have done very little to it. I can report that we got the entire car primed except for the firewall and front frame rails. this was in early June. We have been working on twoIMG_6578.jpgIMG_6577.jpgIMG_6579.jpgIMG_6580.jpgIMG_6567.jpg 1977 Ford Broncos and that has taken up much of our time. I also helped a friend sell his really nice '79 dodge Lil Red Express p/u (remember those?) Here is a picture or two of the Fury. We will get back on it pretty strong but it is gong to be a number of weeks before that happens. Also is a picture of a 1961 Desoto that we restored some years ago. I have a problem with a transmission leak and will post that as a different thread to get some ideas on this nagging problem.

IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg

IMG_6580.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

I seen a fury in west Helena,ar like yours same color red you could probably get cheap right on side of hwy 49 along with some more old cars look like all of them were for sale couldn't stop and check out cause there was no parking for a 18 wheeler

How does the owner feel about the delay?

When we first started working on the Fury we told the owner that a couple of vehicles were in line ahead of the Fury. For various reasons we got to do some work on the Fury. But now are obligated to the other 2 (both '77 broncos). We are moving ahead on those and will be back on the Fury pretty soon.

Back