New guy in a bind

Status
Not open for further replies.

George R

Reaction score
Contact seller
A friend of mine in NC has a 72 Chrysler New Yorker. He just bought it and the seller didn't tell him the gas tank was full of rust. Besides the tank the car is absolutely MINT.
I told him I'd try to locate a tank and sender for this beast of his, so here I am asking for help. If anyone has anything in good shape they're willing to sell & ship, I would appreciate it a great deal.

I've been a member of FABO for many years, but this is my first post on the C body board. Sorry to "meet" like this.

Thanks in advance.

George

George, Let your fingers do the walking to find a radiator shop that will boil the tank out and repaired if needed. New sending units are out there if that's needed and ask the seller if the filter sock comes with the sending unit 'cuz' those socks are gettin' tough to find. BTW, In todayz world I know of no Bone Yard or Shipper that will ship a used fuel cell. Some won't even sell 'um used. Jer

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Call David Radcliff over at Roseville Moparts, he can probably hook you up with a new sending unit.

Thanks for all the help fellas. He ended up buying a new one from eBay for $260.
I appreciate all the help!!

George

George go ahead and replace the fuel line too. I was in same situation and kept clogging fuel filter with brand new tank. Even tho the line didn't leak it was rotting from inside out. It was real cheap and I bought one on eBay with perfect bends, easy replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back