New Member - 1969 New Yorker

mickfl

Reaction score
I just purchased my first C-Body, my dad rebuilt a 70 Newport years ago and since then I've been waiting to get my own! I've got the AC back up and running now the radiator sprung a leak. I've got a long road ahead and I'm not sure to what extent I will be able to restore it to, but I know it's a start to a long relationship with my bank account!!

Happy to be a part of this group and look forward to any advice and help I can get.

DSC_0503.jpgDSC_0520.jpgDSC_0523.jpgDSC_0528.jpgDSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

Wow! That is a very New Yorker. Details??? (Where did you find it, How, Options, What needs to be done, blah, blah). Yup, your bank account is about to start and intimate relationship with the car...goes with the territory,lol. There are plenty of places to source a radiator so it shouldn't be a big deal to fix or replace.

Found it in Ohio, 2 previous owners, 66,000 original miles, 440 + 727, all original except paint and upholster which was redone around 1988. I've got the radiator at a repair shop and I'm replacing the belts today. The bumpers need to be re-chromed and hoping the paint can be cleaned up. I would like to lower it about 1" to tuck the tires in (torsion bars) but I don't know if that will lower the rear end too?. Then the next phase should be re-doing the suspension and wheel components. I am also interested in moving the hood release into a super secret lever in the cabin.

Welcome! It looks like yours won't need much restoration at all!

I would like to lower it about 1" to tuck the tires in (torsion bars) but I don't know if that will lower the rear end too?

It does not. Quite the opposite, the rear end will rise up...

Anyway, welcome! Very nice New Yorker, I like it!

Welcome aboard ,,,,,,,,,,,,, That is a nice ride, looks pretty clean and seems like it was cared for over the years.

Hi and welcome.
We talked about your NY and its interieur when it was on ebay

Carsten

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car with a great color combo.

Thanks again, here is the bar my dad set. This was my fathers 70 Newport. View attachment 34655View attachment 34656

Dang, that is very nice! Was it a Spring Special car with Navajo seats originally or is that was the original configuration? Beautiful paint color! What is it? The only color similar on the paint chart would be R6 Crimson but it looks more like the Spring Special paint with the Navajo option.

Back