New member from Northern California

Thanks for pointing that out.. I thought that looked odd. Yes, dual exhaust is probably the only change that I will make to the car. I do want to make sure it looks correct, so I'm trying to find pictures of how that would look. Down turned tips?

Check with Waldron's for your dual exhaust system. I have their stainless steel system on my '66 300 convertible. It looks great, sounds great and fits correctly with the appropriate turn downs at the end of the tail pipes.

Another thing: In addition to dual exhaust, see if you can find and install a correct twin-snorkel air cleaner. That upgrade with the dual exhaust will bring your engine up to TNT specs: 365 HP instead of 350 HP.

Very nice car you have there, and welcome to the asylum. . .

Rip

Check with Waldron's for your dual exhaust system. I have their stainless steel system on my '66 300 convertible. It looks great, sounds great and fits correctly with the appropriate turn downs at the end of the tail pipes.

Another thing: In addition to dual exhaust, see if you can find and install a correct twin-snorkel air cleaner. That upgrade with the dual exhaust will bring your engine up to TNT specs: 365 HP instead of 350 HP.

Very nice car you have there, and welcome to the asylum. . .

Rip
Hey Rip - how much was the system in your case, and can you post any pics of your install?

TTI systems are beautiful, but they don't fit exactly as original, and while the reason for their fit changes are for performance and balancing of the tailpipes behind the bumper, weirdos like me want the offset tailpipes like original, and other little features.

Now that you've confirmed that Waldron's makes their systems in stainless, I'm interested, especially if they're made to factory specs.

EDIT: I went on their website, and priced it out - around $1,300 USD to ship to Niagara Falls NY... but of course, their pictures are just generic pictures...

A couple of questions for you:

1) Did you get the full length pipes or use the ball joints in the middle like factory?

2) Where the passenger side pipe goes under the cutout in the stub frame, the original pipe had a flattened section to account for engine mount movement (which brings the pipe closer to the stub) and prevent clunking the pipe against the stub frame under accelleration. Did the Waldron's pipe have that?

3) All their little add-ons - what did they give you for the tailpipe hangers behind the wheel arch? Did you also buy their generic muffler hangers? Did you buy their stainless U clamps? Gaskets?

Last edited:
Hey Rip - how much was the system, and can you post any pics of your install?

TTI systems are beautiful, but they don't fit exactly as original, and while the reason for their fit changes are for performance and balancing of the tailpipes behind the bumper, weirdos like me want the offset tailpipes like original.

Now that you've confirmed that Waldron's makes their systems in stainless, I'm interested, especially if they're made to factory specs.

Ross:

I think my system was $1800 and change, and that was at least three years ago. I had a local guy install it who said it required "a little adjustment", but I don't think it was anything major. I'll try to see if I can get a couple of photos for you.

I also bought a regular non-stainless system from Waldron for my '66 300 "Parts Car", and it fit well and looked good too.

Back