New member with 77 Newport

Rick Saucier

Reaction score
Hey all, just joined the site. Here is my formal, a 1977 Newport with 440 :)

I got this car with some horse trading with plans on just flipping it, but I think I'm going to drive this beauty this summer!

Have a few things left to fix, horn doesn't work, the odd light bulb, gas gauge.

Already adjusted the choke (just reach in a turn the key now) aligned the bumpers, repaired the drivers door pins, some misc wiring and vacuum repairs and replaced the transmission mount.

cheers

That bottom pinch weld needs to be blacked out but otherwise nice.

Hope it works out for you, great looking car and great price. We moved on a few weeks ago when the seller indicated would need motor repairs as it was knocking.

Hey all, just joined the site. Here is my formal, a 1977 Newport with 440 :)

I got this car with some horse trading with plans on just flipping it, but I think I'm going to drive this beauty this summer!

Have a few things left to fix, horn doesn't work, the odd light bulb, gas gauge.

Already adjusted the choke (just reach in a turn the key now) aligned the bumpers, repaired the drivers door pins, some misc wiring and vacuum repairs and replaced the transmission mount.

cheers

Oh baby! Oh baby! Its Baby Blue! Welcome to FCBO from the People's Republic of MD.

Hope it works out for you, great looking car and great price. We moved on a few weeks ago when the seller indicated would need motor repairs as it was knocking.

Good thing I paid next to nothing for it LOL. There is an intermittent noise in the power train that we are investigating. First impressions is the flexplate so I'll update this as we go along.

Even with the noise this was too good of a car to pass up, you don't see too many like this in Southern Ontario.

cheers

That is one dry S.O.B.
Very nice.

DSC00569_zpsswj4anwl.jpg

Very clean! I don't see any rust issues at all!

You need to bring that beauty to Carlisle so the gang can check it out in person.

Ya dont find em that nice too often. Never was crazy about that color blue but it does look real nice.

Yeah well it hasn't grown on me as much as I had hoped, sooo....

It's going to be painted tomorrow, going with a classic white. It was either that or a dark blue.

No big body work issues either which is nice!

Also going to delete the lean burn. Have a new 650 Edelbrock and a Performer intake, plus a new electronic distributor going in.

cheers

Are you completely stripping the car or is this a mask job?

I'm against a color change unless the car can be as completely painted as from the factory. They includes inside the trunk entirely, removing and pulling back all the interior trim around the doors including removing the door panels, and completely under the hood. Keep black what the factory painted black.
I don't like Spinnaker white. A white that isn't Spinnaker White will look odd. I do love deep blue but please choose one that was on the 74-78 C-body pallette.

Now that I've told you how I want you to do your car, tell me to take my old man's hat and stuff it in my mouth. :lol:

I'm against a color change unless the car can be as completely painted as from the factory. That includes inside the trunk entirely, removing and pulling back all the interior trim around the doors including removing the door panels, and completely under the hood. Keep black what the factory painted black.
I don't like Spinnaker white. A white that isn't Spinnaker White will look odd. I do love deep blue but please choose one that was on the 74-78 C-body pallette.

Now that I've told you how I want you to do your car, tell me to take my old man's hat and stuff it in my mouth. :lol:

He no worries, if I didn't want other peoples opinions and comments I would not post on the internet LOL!

I went with white, not a chrysler colour I'm afraid lol. It's a very bright classic white which should contrast nicely with the off-white interior and vinyl roof.

And yes the door jambs (with trim and weather stripping removed) trunk and under hood have already been painted to match.

cheers

Back