New Paint Job

We just dropped 22K for a three stage cobalt blue paint job on a pro touring 57 chevy for a client.... Over 3K worth of metal work....

57 lrft trim (Medium).JPG

What brand of Cobolt Blue did you use Will? I'm asking because years ago I did a Cobalt Blue job using House of Color paint and it bled all the way through the top coat clear. When I buffed it the pad turned light blue.

What brand of Cobolt Blue did you use Will? I'm asking because years ago I did a Cobalt Blue job using House of Color paint and it bled all the way through the top coat clear. When I buffed it the pad turned light blue.

Chris, we used "house of color" to select the shade, (used their paint booth app). The paint used is a PPG product....... I'll have to verify it and let you know. It's been about 2 1/2 months since it was sprayed now. No issues. But will be buffed again once assembly is complete.

Thank you Will now I know how much i'll need. Its never gonna get done

Dave..... A third to a half of the cost can be cut by avoiding the three stage process.
Some painters are achevening the same, or close, results with PPG "envro" water base finishes.
This is what the customer wanted on his 57.

Dave..... A third to a half of the cost can be cut by avoiding the three stage process.
Some painters are achevening the same, or close, results with PPG "envro" water base finishes.
This is what the customer wanted on his 57.

Great, so it'll only cost 8 grand, ten grand for the engine, three or four for the interior....+ + + + + + ==== outrageous.

Thanks Will ...:BangHead:

Gee Dave....... Sorry if I stuck a pin in your balloon..............:eek:ccasion16:

If it will make ya feel better....... A large portion of the cost was body panel and gap alignment....Plus the bottom of the car looks like the top:buffer:
.:the penguin:

I guess Dave's car will involve lots of rust repair which would surpass the 3 grand in metal work, at least if manhours in the US are in the range as it is over here in Germany, wich will the equivalent of about 120 Dollars an hour.
Best thing I ever did was an extensive time in the body dept. of my dealership.

I think we are less then 100 bucks an hour on average in these parts.

Gee Dave....... Sorry if I stuck a pin in your balloon..............:eek:ccasion16:

If it will make ya feel better....... A large portion of the cost was body panel and gap alignment....Plus the bottom of the car looks like the top:buffer:
.:the penguin:

I guess Dave's car will involve lots of rust repair which would surpass the 3 grand in metal work, at least if manhours in the US are in the range as it is over here in Germany, wich will the equivalent of about 120 Dollars an hour.
Best thing I ever did was an extensive time in the body dept. of my dealership.

O.K. I am feeling a little better about this because the car has little rust issues and all the panels line up, even with the bent frame

Back