New Spring Project!

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone.I am a new member here and the proud new owner of a 1968 Newport convertible!
dance.gif
The speedo shows 84,436 miles and I believe that to be accurate.The 383 starts right up and runs well.No major rust issues except over the rear wheels.....not bad for $1600 IMHO!Car was run every summer until last year.I look forward to learning from this site and contributing also!:eek:ccasion14:

speedo.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0285.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0282.jpg

DSCN0280.jpg

Kool convertible, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Love a ragtop... NICE! Welcome to the board. Are those Superior wheels? I havent seen those in twenty five years

The body lines are killer on this car! Good luck with it! - Welcome aboard as well!!:welcome:

Good deal for $1600.00. I notice some cornering lights up front. Nice. :wtg:

Welcome aboard. Nice score. What are your plans for it?
Thanks to all for the welcomes!:sSig_thanks: I put the car in storage for the winter because I just don't have the room yet.I am going to use the time to get as much info as possible on these cars...:reading:...I am sure I will have many questions for you guys here:icon_pray::dontknow: I would like to rebuild the 383 eventually and run it on LPG with 12 to 1 compression ,then put in a 4 speed OD auto.What do you guys think about a "shaker" hood intake on a C-body?

DSCN0295.jpg

DSCN0290.jpg

You'll want a factory service manual if you don't have one. There's no question you could possibly have about the car that won't get answered here though.

You'll want a factory service manual if you don't have one. There's no question you could possibly have about the car that won't get answered here though.
I totally agree...I just picked 1 up on fleabay for $25.

Back