New to me 78 NYB on its way but please Don't tell my wife

Looks nice...like the silver color...even better than color red on the exterior that I've seen recently on another NYB...

I would replace the inner wheel seals while you are repacking the front wheel bearings and inspecting the brakes. If you replace the pads I would replace the rotors too. I also would replace the front brake hoses. I had the right front brake hose collapse and locked up the front brake when I drove it home when I bought mine.
Good addition to the list. Thanks.

BTW, have you told your wife yet?

Not yet but I know what I’m going to tell her and, best of all, it’s true...

Honey, guess what! I sold the LINCOLN Mark III (true...it was sold six months ago). And, honey... you know how you always want your cut... here’s a little something from the sale I know you’ll like..... 50% of the profits..... (about a grand... also true)

Then, when she asks about the rest of it, I’ll let her know I’ve “re-invested” it and that it’s at the shop getting ready for the unveiling sometime in the next few weeks.

Wish me luck!!!

Thank you Stan! Coming from you that means a lot.

In fact I was just reading your thread about power antennas as mine is busted.

It was a huge gamble that looks like it may actually pay off. The pictures and hope that the underside would match the interior sold me

Thank you Stan! Coming from you that means a lot.

In fact I was just reading your thread about power antennas as mine is busted.

It was a huge gamble that looks like it may actually pay off. The pictures and hope that the underside would match the interior sold me
You did good... :thumbsup:

An uncracked steering wheel is itself impressive.

For you gasket needs, try these folks... I'm very happy with the ones I bought, just follow the instructions that come with and don't overtorque them.
Silicone Gaskets – Real Gaskets Tennessee

Even the hood ornament looks complete. Normally the red emblem pops off the hood ornament. There should be flat black paint around the red emblem too.

Took off the non-OEM rubber strips and was glad that the ends weren’t riveted in.

97B89BE9-79E5-453E-9856-BD6249A184AA.jpeg

I've been following your story and just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the New Yorker. It's a real BEAUTY. I look forward to reading more about it when you start driving it and seeing more pictures

I'm all about safety as others here will tell you about me....

I don't want to ever hear or see anybody get hurt or crash their C-Body.

Others will disagree that tires should be replaced every 8 years. That is the standard that DOT says is safe. I had a right/rear tire self destruct on the way to Carlisle and its scared the crap out of me. Luckily I didn't crash or hurt anybody. The other problem was the spare was old as hell and severely dry rotted. Luckily I was able to limp to a Mr. Tire and got new tires that day. You can goggle how to decode tire manufacturing dates and figure out how old your tires are.

Back