New to me 78 NYB on its way but please Don't tell my wife

You’re just pulling my..... “ personal happy member” this morning aren’t you????
I ain't touching that.
But yes, I'm pulling your chain. Totally in jest and you know it because we met. Lol.
You're my fave OCD Gyro Gearloose in this whole forum. :D.
I'm the real reason you stay with the TQ. :poke:

:)

Last edited:
I ain't touching that.
But yes, I'm pulling your chain. Totally in jest and you know it because we met. Lol.
You're my fave OCD Gyro Gearloose in this whole forum. :D.
I'm the real reason you stay with the TQ. :poke:

:)
Yep! Won’t quit until it’s purrfect. I need you to drive it and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Getting parts for the NYB is always exciting.

0C2246A0-401A-4BED-B3E6-FA4397CA9C3A.jpeg

Rear window plug and glass for an Imperial/Salon upgrade I’m planning for the spring.... on its way!

Also ordered the top material samples from SMS.... I’ve had pretty good luck with them getting top and interior vinyls for my previous projects (Cadillac Seville silver top, ‘73 Road Runner headliner etc) in the past. However, they are really, really slow.

D37D6144-1E38-4FB1-A387-2F4A0DC520BD.jpeg

Got the switch gear for the rear defroster and misc. AutoTemp smalls to add to my spares stash.

699CF162-0B60-4428-999E-6FC2BA8091F4.jpeg

Interior trim for window.

Also snagged the big plastic rear trunk cover that goes over the latch.

Cant wait!!!

Last edited:
Not NOS... used.

Bought it all from someone parting out a 75 Imperial with terminal rust.
I'm just glad you're finished. Now the market price can correct back to where I'm the only fool looking to buy that stuff... :poke:

And in......

4CF24736-2927-438C-B9D2-C30B756CD265.jpeg

No change in operation. Still needs help from my right foot to engage and accelerate. But at least it looks better and does not have the frayed cover of the original.

Thinking the dump valve or control valve leaking/not sealing properly. New unit on the way but still curious as to why it’s not working correctly. May take a dead unit apart to figure it out.

B5D21BDD-285F-4ABE-9188-99E74617C040.jpeg

Last edited:
I tought that this thread have died but then I realized that I just have missed two pages...but keep up the good work Javier.:thumbsup:

Driving season is ending here so maybe I’ll have to ship My Old girl to Florida for this winter...

Cruise control “fixed”....

Having been working on getting the last remaining inoperative accessory back on line, I installed an NOS unit I ordered last week.

Now working perfectly.

E8E95FED-D2ED-4E7F-A8BA-CB24871297D9.jpeg

Here they are... the three stooges. The top one was my old pull off “spare” that only engages at high speed. The second was the one that came with the car. I put a new diaphragm in it and it engaged from as low as 30mph but needed help getting to and holding the set speed.... no bueno. The third one is the NOS unit that works perfectly.

2017DFA4-FD15-4312-93AF-5CA3CDAF5854.jpeg

Here is the NOS unit in.

Happy today.

Now it’s on to some minor improvements to make living with the old girl easier.

Last edited:
Both have jobs, have hefty scholarships and are wicked smart!

But I hear you.

The unit cost me $293 with shipping. Saved up for it....

Back