New week/end project

On top of all this, I've got a new job lined up this week! Pretty excited! Its a welding job building SCIFS. I'm waiting for my background to check out, then the drug test, and I'm hired. I CAN"T WAIT!! Woo!!

I'm happy for you Zac!!!

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks ya'll!! Yea feeling pretty damn good! Quit my old job yesterday. That felt the best!

The background check went through. Hopefully the drug test this monday, then start wednesday. Enjoying a few days off, but really need to get to work and make some $$.

Got most of the exterior back on, now on to interior. Really trying to get her back together for back up incase something happens to the other. I feel naked without having one. Especially when driving the 38yr old cordoba daily.

See if these cell pics will load...

20150815_180923.jpg

20150815_180941.jpg

Nice work on the truck.

I'm the same with my truck too....have to have back up!

Thanks guys! Glad to have her back together.

Great job man. Your truck will thank you with many more miles for that.

I'm hoping!! Need to get the bed done next. Hell it'll be a nice truck again! lol I've been toying around with swapping a 12 valve into her...... Need to stop day dreaming haha

Round 2.

Brought my bed home the other day, and started tinkering with it. Originally thought I could pull the dent out in the passenger side. After a few tries realised it wasn't gonna happen.

I can't believe what the going rate for the bedsides on these trucks! Cheapest I could find was $670 shipped! While waiting for it to show up, got the old one off. Can really see why these generation of trucks rot out above the wheels. That spray foam glue sucks! This dry southern bed even had a little rot starting.

20150906_182517.jpg

20150913_174707.jpg

20150913_174725.jpg

20150913_174741.jpg

Sometimes I ponder about switching brands when day dreaming of getting a new truck. Still prefer the ram as a whole package though.

You would laugh if you saw the original bed on the truck up close. Its bad! Its already been repaired once before I bought it. Was a nice bondo job...

Anyone know the actual reason for this foam/glue ****?? Whats wrong with some good old traditional seam sealer?? Thats what it will be getting when going back together.

It's probably there just to rot out the sheet metal, they don't want them to last to forever

Had a little time to mess around with the bed today. Been grinding the spot welds down, and doing a little clean up on the surface rust.

New bedside finally showed up tonight. My heart sank when the driver opened the trailer up. The box was pretty beat up, and had a couple pallets on it, but luckily the metal made it with no bruises!

20150921_193212.jpg

20150921_193632.jpg

Back