New Wheels and sneakers for the 73 Imperial

The fake wires that came on the car were a little rusty and I had balancing problems. The car sat for some 14 years and the tires were flattened out. I ran them but they never got any better. I was hoping they would have came back to life but they never did. When I took them off to get them balanced I saw how bad they really were, and the rims were no better. Some of the mounting holes were actually egg shaped so better to get rid of them.
I decided to go the distance and get some real wire wheels. I think they look pretty good. What'd you think.

No doubt the rubber was crap after 14 years. do you think the balance issue might have been partially due to some of the spokes loosening? I never owned a set, they look really good on your Imperial BTW, back in the 80s I know it was a big deal in the marketing of TrueSpoke wheels.

The spokes on the wheels that came on the car were nothing more than wire baskets so to speak. I remember they were very popular in the early eighties. The baskets or cages, were supposed to have some sort centering pin to keep them, well for the lack of another word, centered. These were all gone, at the hands of a PEP BOYS, "qualified technician" no doubt. There was just no way to keep them balanced. So by the time I would have located rims and hub caps, I started to look for real wire rims and found these. All's well, that ends well

The spokes on the wheels that came on the car were nothing more than wire baskets so to speak. I remember they were very popular in the early eighties. The baskets or cages, were supposed to have some sort centering pin to keep them, well for the lack of another word, centered. These were all gone, at the hands of a PEP BOYS, "qualified technician" no doubt. There was just no way to keep them balanced. So by the time I would have located rims and hub caps, I started to look for real wire rims and found these. All's well, that ends well

I remember those wheels, they were cheesy anyhow... your new ones are much better. BTW I noticed in the old tool box thread your a franchisee... I will wait to post pics until I clear the garage enough to get a good shot... KRL1003 with side locker, 2 18" risers and door and catalog boxes on top. Put together in 2001-02 before the deeper risers came out... still like mine better. One owner called her "The Queen Mary" and always complained about the footprint.

Queen Mary... LOL He was just jealous. I'd love to see your KRL. Mine is from the late 70's. Bought it brand new. It cost more than my first car lol.

Queen Mary... LOL He was just jealous. I'd love to see your KRL. Mine is from the late 70's. Bought it brand new. It cost more than my first car lol.

I ran a second for a guy for about 10 months... screwed up bad, didn't get a sale contract up front. As my sales went up after he cherry picked and handed me the leftovers... so did the value of the franchise. When I sold my box to a former coworker, he and the district rep thought I had bought in. Told them straight out "nope, I'm getting the replacement at cost." Beat the next district guy to 40% off cost for the box and stainless, bought the rest within a year at 25% as a tech. Just told my guy what I wanted and when the price hits this order it. I have to clear the garage... have to stand back for that pic...

Yeah, I do. I want to replace the tires on my 68 Fury with one inch white walls like you now have on your Imperial. From what I understand, they can be hard to find so thought I'd ask where you got yours, ie: brand, retailer, whathaveyou. Thanks.

Back