New Wheels and sneakers for the 73 Imperial

78Brougham

"Chump"
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I just wanted to see what you think of my 73 Imperial with the new wire wheels and new tires. The fake wires that came on the car were a little rusty and I had balancing problems. The car sat for some 14 years and the tires were flattened out. I ran them but they never got any better. I was hoping they would have came back to life but they never did. When I took them off to get them balanced I saw how bad they really were, and the rims were no better. Some of the mounting holes were actually egg shaped so better to get rid of them.
I decided to go the distance and get some real wire wheels. I think they look pretty good. What'd you think. IMG_3693.jpg
IMG_3694.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3697.JPG
IMG_3696.JPG
IMG_3692.JPG
Oh and here is a pic of the whole fleet
IMG_3707.JPG

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3697.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG

Mighty fine line up you have there...
Would be neat to see the 150 in the line up tho ... :D

Although I am a purist most of the time and would keep the wheelcovers, I have to admit those wire wheels look very nice and stout on your car and you kept whitewalls - nice. That is a great color on those cars and yours looks like it is a low miles original car - how many miles are on it? Is the paint original too? All your cars look super - a very nice collection for sure. And a fusey is always a highlight to me.

Looks fantastic, all of them!

I like the wheels! Are the '73 Imps 5-on-5" bolt pattern, or 4-1/2"?? Might consider these for the '66 ragtop.

Although I am a purist most of the time and would keep the wheelcovers, I have to admit those wire wheels look very nice and stout on your car and you kept whitewalls - nice. That is a great color on those cars and yours looks like it is a low miles original car - how many miles are on it? Is the paint original too? All your cars look super - a very nice collection for sure. And a fusey is always a highlight to me.

I would have liked to keep the originals too.. but I bought the car with the fake wires... and no original wheels or hub caps. So I figured at this point what the heck, lets go with new wires. I love whitewalls on this kind of car, it's really brings out the class in the car. Certain cars needs whites, and others need raised white letters and others need blacks, just depends on the type of car. My Lotus and MGB for example are definitely black wall cars, the Imperials and the Chryslers... meh not so much, they really need the whitewalls to bring out the best in them.
The car has 52k on it an I think original paint for the most part. After I got it, I see that one portion has been repainted, but only a fender, otherwise its all original.

I like the wheels! Are the '73 Imps 5-on-5" bolt pattern, or 4-1/2"?? Might consider these for the '66 ragtop.
My Imperial is 5x5 bolt pattern. They came with a universal hub that covers just about every popular bolt pattern and is very stout. If you want to know where I got them pm me.

Good looking, classy wire wheels. They almost look like they were there from the factory. - Oh, and an awesome fleet you have there. I love the Lotus Esprit, too. You are clearly a man of good taste.

I just looked at a 1973 imperial for sale trying to work a deal .it has a bad bearing in the motor .
ricks_RR

Back