Reaction score
hello all, from toronto, im new to the forum game,
trying to get my project going, runs great but lots of work to do
trying to source trunk lid, hood, donor quarters and aluminum trim all around
1968 newport convertible 383 unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed.jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Looks like a nice project you have there, the sheet metal doesn't look too bad in the pics.

thanks for the welcome
got new sets of inner and outer and new doors so these ones can go, i have tons of extra small interior parts but the big pieces are difficult.
car and parts been in my garage for 2 years, take it around the block once in a while
it will be a slow process getting project done im sure

i had it blasted, exposed some patch panels on quarters, and rot on trunk lid and hood, rockers are goodunnamed (4).jpgunnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

That doesn't look bad. I bet you'd be better off fixing what's there, the quarters at least.

ya maybe youre right,
well im supposed to check out a metal shaping guy in about two weeks, got a few holes in front floor pan area, if i like what he says and $ then maybe ill go repair route, and let them bang at it over fall/winter

few more pics
dont judge the colorful engine bay, thats only colours they had and i wanted to get it running

image (1).jpgimage.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 5.jpg

image (1).jpg

image.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 5.jpg

Speaking of which....

Haven't seen any updates in a looooooooooooong time. :poke:
You are right. It has been too hot to do anything. I have been going through some minor health problems that I can't quite shake. I have no energy to do anything, besides sleep. Maybe it's mental. I hate being this lazy.

You are right. It has been too hot to do anything. I have been going through some minor health problems that I can't quite shake. I have no energy to do anything, besides sleep. Maybe it's mental. I hate being this lazy.

What brand of gin are you drinking ?

Back