Nice score

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Guy in Buffaloe, NY had these glass fenders for sale on Facebook. Good price. Fits 68-69 Satellite & Runner. So I asked was he traveling down to NC anytime soon. Turns out he was. 2 days later they are sitting in my shop. No shipping charges. How cool is that. Plan to put them on the Satellite. Went online & it looks like they are 10-11 pounds each. Hope my metal fenders are 40-50. That's a nice weight savings. They have a few minor chips & a little spider webbing in the gel coat. Want to make them look nice.

image.jpg

I have a fender from a 67 Coronet. It was not as heavy as I thought. Guessing 30 pounds. So now thinking a 40 pound weight savings might be more realistic.

I was thinking if you got a hold of glass doors and replaced the side windows with plexi you could ditch the winder mechanisms too and put in a pull up strap the same as what Chrysler did in the late sixties purpose built darts. That would save a fair amount of weight.

Wollfen I have lightened the doors. I also lightened the window regs & track. I still have the factory glass in the doors because I want the car to still look like a 69 Plymouth. I did remove the rear 1/4 regs & installed 3/16 lexan. I have the car under 3000 pounds. I think I can easily get it under 2900. I could put a 440 in it & I may one day. Right now i get a kick out of figuring out ways to make the car quicker.

Back