Not a "C-Body" but it was on my "Bucket list"

78Brougham

"Chump"
Reaction score
I know its not a C Body but I've wanted one of these since 1979 when I went to buy my first new car. On the show room floor was a beautiful 79 Chrysler 300 Limited Edition. I know, I know... not a real 300 letter car, but it was still gorgeous and great tribute to old times.
Spinnaker White with Red leather interior, console shifter, 360 police interceptor engine, dual exhaust, firm feel steering box, heavy duty sway bars, torsion bars, extra leafs on the rear springs, aluminum road wheels, RWL tires.... the whole gamut of high performance,(as well as could have been expected for those days). Unfortunately the price matched the lofty ideals of the car... $9100 bucks! TONS of money to a 21 year old kid about to start his own repair shop... that's another story. Anyway I wound up purchasing a 79 Duster, Spinnaker White and Chianti Red. Great little car and $5300 bucks! But I never forgot the feeling of sitting in that 300! Fast forward to two weeks ago....
I spotted a 79 300 in Vegas that I was really interested in. But it was in Vegas and I'm here in PA. Then I remembered a 300 that I spotted in one of my customers shops 2 years ago. It was in for inspection. I asked the shop owner who's car it was and if it might be available. He dug through his files and came up with a name and phone number. I really shouldn't have but I called him and he said he had it and would sell it! To make a long story short, it's in my shop right now till spring. Hope you like it as much as I do. Thank God I have a GREAT wife!!!
IMG_3767.JPG
IMG_3777.JPG
IMG_3772.JPG
IMG_3773.JPG
IMG_3768.JPG
IMG_3766.JPG
IMG_3774.JPG
IMG_3775.JPG
IMG_3776.JPG

Congrats. It's my fave of the stacked headlamp models.
And i now can identify what car they go on when I see those wheel centers.

Awesome car and one of my top 3 I have owned. I regret selling it to buy diapers 20 years ago. I'll live vicariously through yours if thats ok?

That Mopar found you, as is often the case I believe! I'm envious. There was one in Atlanta I used to drool over a few years ago. I'd feel very privileged to own that rare car. Congratulations.

Awesome car and one of my top 3 I have owned. I regret selling it to buy diapers 20 years ago. I'll live vicariously through yours if thats ok?
No problem..I think we all do that at times

Sweet car, how come it is jacked up so high?
The PO that I got it from gave me a letter from the original owner that explained the history of the car. Apparently her husband was a Chrysler tech, they ordered the car from where he worked, he raised it at the dealership to give it a racier stance. I think it looks pretty cool like that. Once I get it up on the rack I'll see what he did to it. Should I leave it out lower it back down?

2nd one I've seen recently without T-Tops. Much better IMHO, enjoy it. I installed a '79 grill medallion in the Batwagon. Loved the limited addition 300 in it and talk about the questions when people spotted it, lol. Friend of mine loved 'um too. Had 3 of 'um and converted one to ah serious 440 swap. Think about that wiring change. Nobody ever messed with him in Austin or San Antonio (twice)

Congrats!! I love it!

I'll put a vote in to lower her back down a bit. Reminds me of back to the future 3 when the delorean was jacked up with different wheels for the old west for some reason lol.

Look forward to more pics and info on her.

I'm like you, cant get them out of my system. After raising two daughters over a span of 23 years the wife decided she needed something newer and I sold our 79 Ttop 300 about 3 years ago, only to purchase another Ttop 79 about two years ago from Texas on Ebay. Every thing this one needs I have squirled away up in the barn. Its good to have one back in the fold! Enjoy yours, its good to see them finally getting some appreciation!!

DSCN0685.JPG

Congrats on the purchase. My car is pretty similar to your 300. If you need a grille I havespare one that came off an Oregon Car for sale. It's in pretty decent shape with a couple of issues. Just let me know if you are interested.

Back