For Sale NOT MINE 1965 426/4speed Spot Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapidtrans777

Reaction score
Contact seller
Screenshot_20200229-200833_Chrome.jpg

It looks to be pretty original and unmolested. Last sticker in the windshield is 1974

Your proverbial 40+ year time capsule. At least the engine should be free if it was inside. Would not hazard a guess as to what it is worth without more info, but if the car is solid it might well bring something close to the asking price as these cars are highly sought after.

Dave

Your proverbial 40+ year time capsule. At least the engine should be free if it was inside. Would not hazard a guess as to what it is worth without more info, but if the car is solid it might well bring something close to the asking price as these cars are highly sought after.

Dave
Pretty amazing! Time capsule is right and possible reference for restorers. Very cool!

Think add has been taken down, probably gone at that price.

I had my wife look it up last night on FB and they had already received a few private messages about the car. I bet it won't last long if it hasn't sold already.

So, that's three 426/4 speed '65 Sport Furys that are known?

I know where there are 2 complete 426 4 spds in Florida they are complete needs work but he won't sell them 7years now he keeps saying that he is going to restore them

Quite awhile back I got all giggy-goo about a red bondo bucket 1965 426/auto Sport Fury on Craigslist for around 15k, watched it migrate with the same pictures over to a Hemming's listing for 20k then it disappeared from the net.

1965.Plymouth.Sport.Fury.2-dr.37K.org.miles.all.numbers.match.rare.426.wedge.Hemmings.002.jpg

1965.Plymouth.Sport.Fury.2-dr.37K.org.miles.all.numbers.match.rare.426.wedge.Hemmings.007.jpg

Over the years I've seen a lot of the 426 std & auto in very good restored condition for not too stupid prices, don't know if that true today with the stock market tanking (virus).

My father in law had a red one that looked just like that one. Sold it for $600 in the late 70's.

My 67 Polara was put in a building in 1974 and came out last April. Nice complete, solid car but it takes a lot to bring one back after 46 years sitting idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back