Notable Forward Look Plymouth - Sold for $43K and Worth It

Forward Look Forum

1. 78Brougham

78Brougham "Chump" FCBO Gold Member

Re-read what I posted.... it was a sign of the times, they don't belong there. IMHO. If they looked good there would've been a box to be checked on the order form from the factory. Thank God the designers new more about what makes a car look good than you or I. Like those abomination "continental kits" that are bolted to the back of cars, sticking out two plus feet. Hideous!

Just because Ram fury said it, doesn't mean it was a "Factory" dealer installed option. Just a "Dealer" installed option, that they hooked somebody into buying, because they were "In" at the time. The clowns at the parts departments of all manufacturers try to pass off all kinds of aftermarket crap. Even to this day.
    If you like those... God Bless you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SGT FURY

SGT FURY Well-Known Member FCBO Gold Member

I. Not a big fan of fender skirts, but on a 60 Plymouth they kook great

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ram Fury

Ram Fury Member

4. Ram Fury

Ram Fury Member

Frank --
    My first car was that all white '60 Fury and my second was that '65 Sport Fury which I traded for a '67 Dodge R/T (375 horse 440/4-speed). As such, the '60 and '65 were my first automotive love affairs, especially since I courted my wife in the '65. We got married in 1966 and our first son came along in 1968 so I can tell you all about cars up until 1967, but not much after that. I suppose I got my current '60 and '65 because I just want to return to the days of my misspent youth. I do have a '57 300C and a '65 Vette Fuelie, but only because I lusted after them when they were new; however, they were out of my price range then. Each of the four is fun to drive as each has its own attraction, and to me everything else is just transportation.
    Joe Godec

5. furyfrank

furyfrank Member

The only reason I didn't buy a 60 was because I had the 59 convertible.

6. furyfrank

furyfrank Member

Go to Hemmings and look up 60 Fury the picture is of a convertible with guess what skirts.

7. 78Brougham

78Brougham "Chump" FCBO Gold Member

Drop it already. If you like them go for it. I'm not gonna waste my time looking up another skirted. Forward Look car.

I think they're ugly and don't belong there. And that goes for ALL forward look finned cars. Not just the Fury's.

Cheers:thumbsup: