Now there is a Hennessy Dodge Challenger Hellcat Demon

meh. I mean, great. but. ..
I liked the Hellcat. It was just on the edge of comprehension for me, not to the extent that I'd have owned one but I could understand why one would. The Demon was just over that edge for a number of reasons. This is just so far away from any care that I could possibly have.

Write out a check and you can drive a 15-hundred hp car right out onto I-95...

Hennessey ready to unleash 1,500 hp Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

I'll keep my 200 hp NYB.
I can see me crouisein that Beast
Write out a check and you can drive a 15-hundred hp car right out onto I-95...

Hennessey ready to unleash 1,500 hp Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

I'll keep my 200 hp NYB.
I can see my driving that Beast KINDA. But then the final scene in Vanishing Point flashez across my windshield in living color and it'z me in the Hellcat closing on two D9 Caterpillars and I think OPPS, and then Nay, Nay, Nay

I would ordinarily give the life expectancy of that Hennessey Demon drivetrain to be about one week.
But in reality they will all be hermetically sealed in climate controlled garage palaces next to the Hennessey Vipers and Lingerfelter (sp?) 15-hunded hp Camaros & Corvettes.

That's just ridiculous. I guess if you're going to race it for $, that's one thing, but otherwise?

Last edited:
That's just ridiculous. I guess if you're going to race it for $, that's one thing, but otherwise?
Very few of these Hennessey and Lingerfelter cars get raced.

FWIW, Hennessey engines run like crap and then quit running. He puts zero research into them. He just takes the most insane aftermarket components available to anyone off the shelf and if it fits, it ships. He has lawsuits from many disgruntled customers.

Back