Oem aux trans cooler

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I installed the factory auxillary transmission cooler I found on Jazebelle today. Didn't even have to drill a hole to mount it.
This should take care of any overheated transmission I might have had towing the pop up to Carlisle.

trans cooler 1 (Large).jpg

trans cooler 2 (Large).JPG

trans cooler 3 (Large).JPG

Nice work Will. Are you going to plumb a txsm temp gauge?

The car I pulled the cooler out of had an aftermarket temp guage and the sensor was plummed into one of the lines.

I really don't like guages hanging from the bottom of the dash ...... and the pop up is not all that heavy so I eliminated the sender and guage. If I should ever upgrade to .... say ..... a vintage Airstream, I'll probably install a guage then.

Wonder why the factory could/did not design a penetration thru the radiator support so if cooler lines were installed they would not have to mount the top. I think they would look even better that way. Still like it though, turned out nicely.

It still bothers me that Formal's don't have an oil pressure gauge.

Wonder why the factory could/did not design a penetration thru the radiator support so if cooler lines were installed they would not have to mount the top. I think they would look even better that way. Still like it though, turned out nicely.
I know what you mean Gary. The lines run as they do looks like a afterthought installation.

Likely because it was such a low production accessory and the limited space would require some complicated bends.
When I removed the cooler from the donor car I could see factory paint in the mounting holes, and the same holes were in the core support on Jazebelle, I didnt drill anything except the hole for the top clamp screw.

It's plummed in series with the original rad trans cooler. Inlet goes to the aux cooler and then flows to the pass side rad inlet.

Back