For Sale OK, @Detmatt - Is this 76 Newport BUTTERSCOTCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1976 CHRYSLER NEWPORT CUSTOM

00p0p_glswLekkwW2_600x450.jpg

This extremely original, rare two door hardtop in rare factory "Saddle Tan" color has many options: A/C, PS, PB,
PW, AM/FM 8 Track, 6-way Power Seats on both sides, Tilt/Telescoping premium steering Wheel, Cruise, Etc, Etc.
AACA Senior Award car plus local trophies with 43,1XX original miles. Always stored inside. I am the second owner .Absolutely no rust. The overall condition and ritzy interior need to be seen in person.
The Vogue tires are whitewalls with goldwall accent including spare!
The engine is a 400 V-8, two barrel carb.
Partial to full interesting trades considered.
Call with any questions or to see it.
Also, cell # 402- five 1 6 - four 9 five 4

Well he says it's Saddle Tan which is technically correct, but..... :poke:

FWIW, for that kind of money, I want a waterfall grill.
On the other hand, it does have manual AC. Hmmmm.

I like both grilles on those Formals. Think they're pretty classy.
That color is rare. I don't recall seeing it on any other car lines either.

If you dont like Butterscotch, there's Baby Blue...

1976 Chrylser Newport 2 Door Hardtop – Top Notch Vehicles

100_4800.jpg

1976 Chrylser Newport 2 Door Hardtop

This is a real cruiser! Big, long, heavy, powerful.

This car is happy at 90 mph. Big luxurious ride, like floating on a cloud.

But if you look the car over, you will see the quality represents low mileage. The body is straight, not rotted, not repaired and certainly looks like the paint is original. The bumpers are still nice. The interior looks good and the carpet shows minimal wear. I am convinced this car has not been drive extensively.

It now has a new Magna Flow exhaust system, five brand new radial tires and remnants of a big stereo system. The base unit, CD changer, amplifiers and wiring is all there. The trunk mounted speakers are absent. I believe with minimal investment and knowledge, it will work.

This car is nicely loaded. Power steering/brakes, A/C, cruise, tinted glass. The A/C need a charge to work. The horn doesn’t blow. Otherwise, it is ready to enjoy.

I drove this car at 80 mph. It was loving it. So was I! What a great car for not much money. You can begin the fun immediately.

$5,995.00
N3873 Business 26
Jefferson, WI 53549
(920) 674-3000
(920) 674-3003 FAX
topnotchvehicles@sbcglobal.net

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Officially this is the only butterscotch I will recognize as far as cars are concerned but I don’t hate that car in saddle tan.

C2DB68C8-80AE-4F68-AFD3-5D5D4950DCFF.jpeg

The 78 model year had a U3 Caramel Saddle Tan Metallic. More like a dark bronze. I don't remember ever seeing this color.

View attachment 156140

This extremely original, rare two door hardtop in rare factory "Saddle Tan" color has many options: A/C, PS, PB,
PW, AM/FM 8 Track, 6-way Power Seats on both sides, Tilt/Telescoping premium steering Wheel, Cruise, Etc, Etc.
AACA Senior Award car plus local trophies with 43,1XX original miles. Always stored inside. I am the second owner .Absolutely no rust. The overall condition and ritzy interior need to be seen in person.

That car is near me. I think I’ve seen it at a show. I’ll check when I get home.

View attachment 156140

mmmm some nice centerline type wheels and some dark brown scoops on the hood....yeah baby..

If you dont like Butterscotch, there's Baby Blue...

1976 Chrylser Newport 2 Door Hardtop – Top Notch Vehicles

View attachment 156141

1976 Chrylser Newport 2 Door Hardtop

This is a real cruiser! Big, long, heavy, powerful.

This car is happy at 90 mph. Big luxurious ride, like floating on a cloud.

But if you look the car over, you will see the quality represents low mileage. The body is straight, not rotted, not repaired and certainly looks like the paint is original. The bumpers are still nice. The interior looks good and the carpet shows minimal wear. I am convinced this car has not been drive extensively.

It now has a new Magna Flow exhaust system, five brand new radial tires and remnants of a big stereo system. The base unit, CD changer, amplifiers and wiring is all there. The trunk mounted speakers are absent. I believe with minimal investment and knowledge, it will work.

This car is nicely loaded. Power steering/brakes, A/C, cruise, tinted glass. The A/C need a charge to work. The horn doesn’t blow. Otherwise, it is ready to enjoy.

I drove this car at 80 mph. It was loving it. So was I! What a great car for not much money. You can begin the fun immediately.

$5,995.00
N3873 Business 26
Jefferson, WI 53549
(920) 674-3000
(920) 674-3003 FAX
topnotchvehicles@sbcglobal.net

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
I could live with the baby blue, aftermarket stereo, and not so detailed engine bay for the difference in price. And I thought Formals were starting to get out of reach for me.

The paint must be faded in the second one because that car looks hideous in that color.

upload_2017-12-11_22-31-19.png

This 5th picture of the newport looks more like the new Yorkers color.
It must be the same color.......

Well then I hate it, it’s putrid.

A rare car because of a rare color??? You know if only a few of the total were ever ordered in that color then I would take it to mean it was not a popular color to begin with. Therefore rare in the wrong way rather than good way.

As far as I can see....there isn't any color remotely close on the paint charts for 1976 and definitely nothing called butterscotch that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back