Opinion on engineered cooling products radiator

theos911

Reaction score
Those aluminum radiators are excellent.
Most likely you will have some mounting flange issues.
Are you currently using a shroud?

Posted via Topify on Android

Go for it unless you're one of those guys that just have to OEM stuff. Having it recored and repaired will cost you 3 times as much and you'll still have a 40 year old radiator. There's enough material on that aluminum one to mount a shroud. Plus today's technology and it's made out of aluminum is more efficient in cooling.

Go for it unless you're one of those guys that just have to OEM stuff. Having it recored and repaired will cost you 3 times as much and you'll still have a 40 year old radiator. There's enough material on that aluminum one to mount a shroud. Plus today's technology and it's made out of aluminum is more efficient in cooling.

Something there makes me twitch ..... so when you rebuild your engine Bob is it considered a 40 year old engine?

Not disagreeing about the aluminum being a better cooling metal just the age of a recored radiator....help me out here

Simple....modern engineering with a 2 row aluminum radiator results in better cooling than a 40 year old 3 or 4 core radiator.

Just like my condenser that the kids in California designed (for R134A) and bolted right in to NYB and I get 40 degrees at the center vent in about one minute from start up.

I have a 40 year old axe.
20 years ago I had to replace the handle and last year I had to replace the head.

Now the truth comes out....you have an Axe to grind perhaps then you won't be so uptight

Now the truth comes out....you have an Axe to grind perhaps then you won't be so uptight
Cool as a cucumber here....
Just sitting back laughing at you sticking in a passive-aggressive poke at me every chance you get.
You envy me.
Now go to work and raise your B.P. It's going to be a long day.

That's funny.....sometimes it takes a year, others maybe a few short days but like a bickering wife you always repeat what others say in your rebuttal.

I am 20 years younger than you , I certainly don't envy you. Nick, perhaps, not you, you I have pity for

Bull puckey. You not only envy me, you idolize me. A scared little boy wearing a Jersey Tough Guy uniform.
Guys like you came to work at our company and we ate you up for breakfast and spit you out by lunch.

CENSORED,..........

....... BLANK...

CENSORED...
.....out of respect for the board......

.. I do however envy Nick

It's time for a new radiator in the Fury, because she's still overheating even with a new water pump and 160 thermostat. (I also found out that I have a 360 manifold instead of a 318 manifold when buying the thermostat.) Have any of you used this brand of radiator? Is it any good? Will it fit? Is it a ripoff?

26" Small Block Mopar Radiator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HD-Mopa...-1967-1974-Mopars-26-HD-Cooling-/321409811855

This is my experience with this company Speedcooling.com also known as ECP (engineered cooling products) and a few other names they go by. I was in it for the looks and the price also so when I was in the Chicago area on business I stopped by their place to purchase a radiator with the dual cooling fans in person. I was a little concerned that they operate out of what looked like an old apartment complex or hotel. But they were expecting me and had my box ready for me to pick up. I was in the middle of building my truck so it was a good 8 months before I installed it. Everything was fine for the first 2 thousand miles then it started leaking from the fins near the drain plug. I put in a call to them and waited 5 days before I decided to put some Blue Devil stop leak in it. This worked for a week and then it started leaking from the fins on the other side. I then found their contact page in their website and Frank Watson responded. First he told me that because I had added the stop leak that they could not cover it, then he said that I should send it back to them because I had called and not gotten a reply. I sent it back to them and waited 3 weeks before calling to find out the status. Frank Watson gave me the run around for the next two weeks before emailing me that a replacement had been shipped. Here we are one month and a half later and no radiator received. I ended up buying a Becool from Summit racing and got it in 2 days. In my opinion it just isn’t worth the hassle and struggle of dealing with this company although I know few people have had a good experience.

UT3868_thumb2.jpg

Back