Opinions Please....

So is that 200 sportsgrain '69 Newports in total or converts only? The guy who sold me the '71 New Yorker sunroof car in Calgary owns a '69 Newport sportsgrain coupe in "Pale Yellow". Either way with those colors,(more so the interior, most convertibles had Black or White interiors) console, HP engine, sportsgrain, convertible... Definitely rare.

I agree - from what I have been able to decipher it is likely one of less than 200 made. Only 175 68 verts with sportsgrain were produced. Chrysler did not keep records for 69 apparently on A58 cars
So... do I smell a flip, or will Management be getting a new/used convertible without fins?:lol:

I can't wait to see it whatever you decide.

I think i know ( your ) car........
It,s for sale at least for 5 years on kijiji , price is still 14,5k

I think i know ( your ) car........
It,s for sale at least for 5 years on kijiji , price is still 14,5k

No thats not the one. Suffice to say the vehicle has been off the market for 20+ years. Is the kijiji one the 300 vert?

I don't know about woodgrain, I had it on a Buick wagon and it looked "right". With '69 verts, I think I like them naked!!
20922232841_7740ec5dc7.jpg
1969Chrysler300_01_700.jpg

It´s desirable, valuable for me. It´s an attentiongetter especially with the woodgrain...it´s pure american. That´s my opinion. Look at the pictures of my 1969 spring special edition...you guys know it....it was discussed here last year. It was my summer driver the last few months...and i love it. As mentioned before: in 1968 there were 175 built (woodgrain verts) in ´69 less. So it´s a rare bird. In Germany pretty sure the only one.

IMG_20161221_160435.jpg

IMG_20170430_2018041.jpg

IMG_20170430_2018271.jpg

It´s desirable, valuable for me. It´s an attentiongetter especially with the woodgrain...it´s pure american. That´s my opinion. Look at the pictures of my 1969 spring special edition...you guys know it....it was discussed here last year. It was my summer driver the last few months...and i love it. As mentioned before: in 1968 there were 175 built (woodgrain verts) in ´69 less. So it´s a rare bird. In Germany pretty sure the only one.

View attachment 140782

View attachment 140783

View attachment 140784
This Newport is sweet I like the wood grain it looks cool in my eyes, nice score.

Too many projects so little time. Saving a rare car - I will make room for ...a run of the mill vert I would leave for someone else at this moment in time

Sorry for the red X but lets be honest, you really like the idea of having something extremely unique , something very few were made of. This car would get saved regardless, you just really have to have it, they're the ones truly special.

Sorry for the red X but lets be honest, you really like the idea of having something extremely unique , something very few were made of. This car would get saved regardless, you just really have to have it, they're the ones truly special.

We really need to meet in Idaho you get me....like few do..:)

Back