Overhaulin:

I can see a Foose C-Body with tucked in bumpers,flush mounted glass,two tone paint,some 18" wheels and a Viper V-10 lurking under the hood! If you've ever listened to him when he's designing a build,he says he tries to make all his body changes subtle,as if it came that way from the factory.A nip here and a tuck there,with a few modern touches.

1966 Imperial Restomod with Viper V-10 66-Imperial-Crown-The-Tyrant-Parks-Anywhere-It-Damn-Well-Wants-To.jpg66 Imperial.jpg66 Imperial Engine.jpg66 Imperial Rear.jpg

66-Imperial-Crown-The-Tyrant-Parks-Anywhere-It-Damn-Well-Wants-To.jpg

66 Imperial.jpg

66 Imperial Engine.jpg

66 Imperial Rear.jpg

OK, boys, tell me who wouldn't drive and be seen in that Imperial??? I'd be all over that, WITH the wheels.

The exterior is a tastefully done restomod style. I would change the wheels out to a more period correct look. Not saying 14 or 15 just something more period correct. Just a couple sizes smaller. The paint, body, engine looks great as is. The exhaust through the bumper sides is pretty cool.

OK, boys, tell me who wouldn't drive and be seen in that Imperial??? I'd be all over that, WITH the wheels.
I wouldn't.
I swear to God there is not 1 oz. in me that wants to drive it.
Actually an aversion to it.

In fact he got 90% there and made it worthless at the last few dollars.

attachment.php

Keep the look and spend the few initial bucks to start with a two door, or...
keep the four door and spend the few final bucks in making it a Q-ship.

OK, so what would that Imperial be worth stock? Ten grand, tops, on its best day. Like this? Maybe $30K or close.

The money means nothing to me.
It's what I have to have in a car before I spend 5 cents.
I have my dignity.
I'll drive a 5 year old beige Camry four door first.

I wouldn't.
I swear to God there is not 1 oz. in me that wants to drive it.
Actually an aversion to it.

In fact he got 90% there and made it worthless at the last few dollars.

attachment.php

I believe his idea was to create something with style that could compete with modern sports sedans. To be honest, I'd buy that before I'd buy a new Bimmer. There's a link to his build somewhere here in the forum from a few months ago.

Found it.
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/showthread.php?9613-I-couldn-t-find-it-but

"The idea for this came from our client and us trying to figure out what kind of car to build for him to shuttle his family around in. 3 tall kids in the Vette, Elky, or Firebird really doesnt work! We wanted something european inspired, sort of a M5-ish car. Lincoln continental was out, because we didnt want to have to air bag and 22 the sucker, and as cool as Impalas are, it just didnt have the look. When we were tossing around ideas, the new green hornet movie was out and I guess the Imperial kind of caught our eye. I think we can agree that we took this a bit further than "Black Beauty", but we don't have 30 cals or RPGs"

Soooo, its been a bit since I hit up this thread.... OH has, in the past, gotten parts cars for stuff you can't buy. They have also recovered seats and door panels. Recently, it seems like if they can't put a SBC in it they rebuild the motor. I wouldn't mind seeing a 1970 300 with tucked bumpers, evened up body gaps, and awesome paint(but not two-tone, unless they use the vinyl roof to pull it off). All new suspension from firm feel and pst. BUT, I don't need 14 inch rotors with 8 piston calipers. So I don't need 20's to clear them. When I look at anyones hot rod, kustom, or whatever, I try not to take in their personal taste(since most seem to have NONE), but CRAFTSMANSHIP. If its worth doing, its worth doing well. A little pride in your work is what makes the difference

I wouldn't.

I totally agree with this sentiment. I like sedans, and this would be super-awesome if it was more understated.

So. . . Black steelies and poverty caps ? Trim rings ?

I personally do not like that style of wheel at all (not the size .. the style) so lots of different wheels actually and yes black cop car wheels with chrome lugnuts and no caps would look better, actually very cool to me.

I could definitely see something aftermarket and 17 or 18 with with more sidewall like 45's though

Last edited:
:) Its gotta cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. The model was made before catalytic converters, so it'll run on pump gas..... Whaddaya say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
LMAO..!

image.jpg

Back