Overhaulin:

I don't like the way they do some of the cars, but they do really nice work. I wouldn't want my Fury done like that with all that custom crap, but Id like to see them do it Pro-street. The show I couldn't watch was American Hotrod, because I couldn't stand Jerkoff Duane Mayer.

I don't like the way they do some of the cars, but they do really nice work. I wouldn't want my Fury done like that with all that custom crap, but Id like to see them do it Pro-street. The show I couldn't watch was American Hotrod, because I couldn't stand Jerkoff Duane Mayer.

I am right there with you on that *******. . .

I would never let them have free reign on my car, I know exactly what and how I want it to be when it's finished. I would love to see his ideas first and maybe I would incorporate them into my design.

When they get a car to rebuild they ask the family what the owner would like. So if the family new he wanted factory appearing then they would do it that way. I don't like the idea of being too dam old to enjoy my car, because I can only work on it on the weekends.

I would gladly let them do my 67' Newport, but I would specify all original only. I have seen them do a car all original, just not very often.

70NPORT, don't they ask the family what the owner wants. Some don't want all the overboard modifications and they don't get it.
Why did you just ask this question? "I'm just curios if anyone would like to have their C Body done by Chip and his team?"
I don't recall speaking for anyone else.

Why did you just ask this question? "I'm just curios if anyone would like to have their C Body done by Chip and his team?"
I don't recall speaking for anyone else.

I know that I would in a heartbeat .......... but would want control over most everything done to it.

His style is not my style and if I walked in and saw my car rolling nasty 20's with some gawd awful two tone paint job.......I'd be crying, but not in a good way.

C'mon.... who wouldn't drive that?
BJIYJE8CEAAF7vr.jpg

BJIYJE8CEAAF7vr.jpg

eb5d95ddf7e91a3b8220cb7c947f0a90.jpg

I haven't seen the show, but I have seen a few of his creations in magazines. I liked some of them. I remember watching several episodes of Pimp My Ride and not once did I ever see them weld anything. It was always just done with filler. So, no thanks. Besides, I wouldn't want anything that crazy, like a hot tub in my trunk or something.:laughing8:

If they, Overhaulin', ask what the owner generally likes, what his/her tastes are, and if they do quality bodywork, then yes, I would let them. If they put wheels on it that I didn't like, I would graciously accept the car anyway, of course. Six months or a year later I could always sell the wheels and buy some that I liked better. It wouldn't be a Foose car anymore, so it would loose some value I suppose, but WTF, all of the work was free so I'm still ahead. :yes:

Truthfully though, I would rather get a lucky $20K or $50K "Scratch & Win". That way I could choose exactly how I wanted everything done, paint color, interior, audio, engine, wheels, tires, everything and do a lot of the work myself and it would truly be "my car". :)

Back