Overheating Problem

Thank you all for the suggestions! I really do appreciate the help!
The thermostat has been replaced, the filler pan/front valance is there and the lower hose is new with the spring in it. The radiator is a new all aluminum replacement that was supposedly sized for the car. It has a new cap with a temp gauge in it. When the gauge in the car says it's hot, so does the gauge on the cap. I've also installed a overflow reservoir to keep it from puking all over the place when I stop. I thought about trying a high flow water pump next. I'm pretty convinced that it's a water flow problem and not an air flow issue.
After reading cbarge's comment, I may pass on the high flow water pump.
i have always used a ac water pump (high flow ) with np & i raced it & driove it for almost 13 yrs
the old direct connection racing book called for the ac water pump i believe them (old school guys) but let me know what u do to get it fixed . is it overheating driving down the road or jusy in town . i had the same problem toll i replaced the fan clutch . u c the clutch will turn more when its hot u need the one with a soring in the fount of the clutch

Orig oem stats were 190 degrees not 180
look it up
How hot is hot? 240 is hot
190-210 is normal,
today's fuel requires a 195 degree t stat
Why?
so it atomizes correctly and does not collect in the intake and later burn off when cruising down the highway
a 180 stat does nothing good for an engine
Get an IR temp gun and quit chasing your tail

what do u mean by the comment of smoke another one? mr gasket makes a high flow thermostat that is a exact copy of the mopar high flow race one i had to use the mopar oe on my 440 i bought the last one it was a nos direct connection . but with the aluminum radaitor he shouldnt be haveing over heating issues there is something else going on there
Did you actually read your previous post?:poke:

Back