Pics of 69-73 C bodies

They also had this New Yorker. I had not seen one with this trim before.

20200201_142858.jpg

That looks to be someone's creation. I'm guessing it's a '69 Newport with sportsgrain trim, and an Imperial rear bumper?
I expanded my original pic. It looks like the quarter panel extension is primer grey. It makes it look like a shadowed chrome leading you to think it an Imperial bumper.

I expanded my original pic. It looks like the quarter panel extension is primer grey. It makes it look like a shadowed chrome leading you to think it an Imperial bumper.

Ahh, now I see that! Calling it a New Yorker also threw me off. That is a '69 Newport with the sportsgrain trim package, fairly rare. It's hard to tell, but looks to be dark green, as most sportsgrain's were, or light yellow. Anyone know if you could get a four door sportsgrain in '69?

Ahh, now I see that! Calling it a New Yorker also threw me off. That is a '69 Newport with the sportsgrain trim package, fairly rare. It's hard to tell, but looks to be dark green, as most sportsgrain's were, or light yellow. Anyone know if you could get a four door sportsgrain in '69?

no, just 2dr HTs and CV Newports with the woodgrain option

How about some wagon pics? Since @71Polara383 recently acquired a Q3 Light Turquoise 1970 Polara wagon, how about a couple of 1971's? Both the gold Polara and the brown Monaco come courtesy of Wikipedia:

1971_Dodge_Polara_Station_Wagon_1ff.jpg

1280px-71_Dodge_Monaco_%289341055499%29.jpg

The same Monaco was photographed sporting Kansas plates in St Elmo, MN back in 2013. Does it belong to a member here? Anyone else know of its current whereabouts -- @polara71, has it since moved to California?

Last edited:
Actually I think I errored in that assessment . Last I heard it is in Missouri, so to be honest I absolutely don't know.

Look closely!!!....…….do you think it,s a real car or a drawing ?...…..:popcorn:

Look closely!!!....…….do you think it,s a real car or a drawing ?...…..:popcorn:

IMO, that's a drawing or an image produced on a computer, whatever, but not real. Looking at the roof, it's higher at the sides than at the front. The sail panel area is too rounded. It's good, but again my opinion, not real.

One last pic of the Newport reincarnate . The previous owner sent to me this is how he found it.
It was way too far gone to justify saving. A shame, I suspect it was solid when parked in the woods. 440 car and it turned over fine. The good news is between him, his friend and I, its already donated to four cars directly and indirectly since I traded away it for parts. It will likely go on to donate to several more. Better than rotting completely away.
27590.jpeg

Here is mine. 1969 Fury III with non original 440 [was a factory 383] soon to be a stock looking 440 stroker of 505 ci with HP manifolds and highway 3.23 rear
20190908_163551 (1).jpg
IMG_20170531_161952.jpg
20191013_145032.jpg

20190908_163551 (1).jpg

20190908_163611.jpg

Last edited:
Back