Pics of 69-73 C bodies

69monaco

Reaction score
upload_2021-12-16_21-7-55.jpeg

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Fury III? as it has the side molding and rear bumper of a III. Strange police like front bumper guard but different than my ex-
100_0410.JPG
squad.

Last edited:

70FuryFreedom

Reaction score
Fury III? as it has the side molding and rear bumper of a III. Strange police like front bumper guard bur different than my ex- View attachment 506695 squad.
Yes it's a Fury III and the pushbar may have come off of a cop car. Or maybe ordered from jc Whitney in the 70s? It looks like an unmarked cop car. I like the look and the pushbar was on their when I bought it 12 years ago. The vin is pm, which police package cars are pk vins.it was a Texas car. I repainted the wheels, is your car a pk vin and 440?

Last edited:

70 Sport Suburban

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a Fury III and the pushbar may have come off of a cop car. Or maybe ordered from jc Whitney in the 70s? It looks like an unmarked cop car. I like the look and was on their when I bought it 12 years ago. The vin is pm which police package cars are pk vins.it was a Texas car. I repainted the wheels, is your car a problem vin and 440?
I ran across a 70 Fury lll 4 dr wasn't a PK vin but still Y39 Special order had a fleet steering wheel and battery shield. I have the tag for it somewhere ill share it so some fleet car's weren't PK all the time.

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Yes it's a Fury III and the pushbar may have come off of a cop car. Or maybe ordered from jc Whitney in the 70s? It looks like an unmarked cop car. I like the look and was on their when I bought it 12 years ago. The vin is pm which police package cars are pk vins.it was a Texas car. I repainted the wheels, is your car a pk vin and 440?

My car is a Fury III and a "PM" car (if I remember correctly as stored away for Winter) and was a Washington State Patrol car with a 440. Watch the movie "Sugarland Express" and watch for the black Fury III and if I remember correctly it has your bumper guard on it. If you decoded the build sheet, my car has the front and rear bumper guards on it. My car was a marked car and is now restored to a clean top unmarked car.
100_0409.JPG

70FuryFreedom

Reaction score
My car is a Fury III and a "PM" car (if I remember correctly as stored away for Winter) and was a Washington State Patrol car with a 440. Watch the movie "Sugarland Express" and watch for the black Fury III and if I remember correctly it has your bumper guard on it. If you decoded the build sheet, my car has the front and rear bumper guards on it. My car was a marked car and is now restored to a clean top unmarked car.
View attachment 506875
If I remember correctly there are a couple of Fury cop cars with my style of pushbar, in the movie, the The Getaway with Steve McQueen.

Last edited: