picture of my 67' new Yorker

polara66hardtop

Reaction score
Here is my 67' four door hardtop, that has been around here since 1999. All original grandpa owned. until me of course!
The 65' dart GT is close to being done, an original 273HP four speed car.

018.jpg

017.jpg

028.jpg

021.jpg

Nice cars, both of them!

I think the car occupys two time zones! When my friend painted my Polara,(ford guy) he said he had to pack a lunch and take naps! smart-*** he was!

You'll like this! I almost bought one in 1975 from my goofy sister. It was getting repo'd for $566.00 I put the top down, and my new wife got in it to test drive it. it was a lime green 383. As soon as she sat down and touched the steering wheel, the horn stuck on. I could hear her wherever she was in the neighborhood! When she got back, she said if I bought that car she would ride a Bus for the rest of our lives together! I didn't buy the car, but were still together! (I got the better deal) You have a beautiful car, 340 or 383?

Thanks Man! I appreciate it. It's a 383 auto with a.c. and #s matching.

Thank you all! The front is nice too. I am selling this car when I can get it out, it needs to be driven, and enjoyed by somebody.

Reminds me of a Rock Hudson/Doris Day Technicolor bedroom suite.
Perfect period piece.

2vi4287.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Cool cars! There was a Dart GT with the 273 like yours on B-J last night. I had never seen one previously, now I've seen 2!

Let us know when you are ready to sell it. I have a soft spot for the 4 doors...
Thanks to you all!
This weekend it is coming out, and I will get a full setoff pictures all the way around in the sun of the Chrysler. I will hate to see it go, but my wife says I have to share my toys! One day in the summer of 1999 a good friend living 180 miles away called at 8:00 A.M. saying, You have to come and buy this car, Today! An elderly friend of his died, and the nephew was looking for the Chrysler. he was a known demolition derby nut, and he wanted to enter the Chrysler. I was there by noon! The car was hidden, but I managed to get it here! The new Yorker has been retired ever since. it needs a headlight switch, and the power windows are grumpy. the 440 runs flawlessly, right at 100k, and the car still wears the polyester tires!

Back