Pig in a poke cars

Triple Pickle

Reaction score
Seems like I see a lot of ads for cars that are what I call “pig in a poke”.
These ads have a lot of poorly taken pictures of the exterior, no pics of the underside, and in some cases no under hood or in the trunk pics.
The seller/owner proclaims little to no knowledge of the cars condition, only that hearsay has it that it ran good when parked. Yet, they want top dollar for them! Some of them might be diamonds in the rough, but, more than likely they are parts cars at best.
To me, the omission of the true condition makes me want to fear the worst.
Do you all have any examples? Let’s see them! Thanks

i thin the price on this was higher 6 months ago​

1976 Cadillac coupe deville​

$5,000
1976 Cadillac coupe deville
nc_ohc=E_W3kULuHZ4AX-UdoXz&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=zldhWJjXo-AAX8xeJBO&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

8LcFT-&tn=x1QxEm81LVZGczGl&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.jpg

1976 caddy coupe Deville. 67k orig miles. Sat for 20 years. Runs and drives down road smooth. Needs restoration. No rust holes just some surface rust. Solid as a rock. Interior is in ex condition, has one small Crack in armrest. . . NEW 5 Tires Complete dual exhaust Recored radiator and new hoses Complete tune-up Thermostat Wiper blades Pwr steering line Battery Hoses and clamps NEEDS Left side exhaust manifold (cracked) Speedo cable Rear bumper fillers Paint and minor body work Excellent candidate for restoration. Can send more pics. Driven now and then. Taking it to Canfield 15th 5000.00. . . STEUBENVILLE, OHIO

I love the 76-77 caddies. That’s actually what I was looking for, couldn’t find a clean one, when I ended up buying my 75 New York.

Fate stepped in I guess…

Back