Hit a milestone yesterday

rkrochen

Reaction score
I hit a milestone yesterday that is quite important to me. Over the last several years I have had some setbacks and I now seem to be over them.
It started with my right shoulder which had kept me in extreme pain for 8yrs. They did a total replacement on it and that took care of that.
Then I had my right knee replaced followed by my left knee. Both are doing extremely well.
Shortly thereafter I had an aggressive form of cataracts hit me and had both eyes done. I can see clearly again.
Then the worst of worse hit me. My Aortic Valve had to be replaced. It came on suddenly and I had no idea it was bad. I welcomed the knee and shoulder operations but struggled with accepting this one. Glad to say that went very well.
All of this happened in a period of 2yrs and 4months thus the milestone. My heart operation was one year ago today and I don’t see any immediate or long term health requirements in the future. Let’s just say I am glad it’s over with. I am doing well and working towards a better life. I do admit I kinda feel like the rusty old car where you just keep throwing parts into it to keep it going.
Enjoy life today you don’t know what’s around t corner.

I hit a milestone yesterday that is quite important to me. Over the last several years I have had some setbacks and I now seem to be over them.
It started with my right shoulder which had kept me in extreme pain for 8yrs. They did a total replacement on it and that took care of that.
Then I had my right knee replaced followed by my left knee. Both are doing extremely well.
Shortly thereafter I had an aggressive form of cataracts hit me and had both eyes done. I can see clearly again.
Then the worst of worse hit me. My Aortic Valve had to be replaced. It came on suddenly and I had no idea it was bad. I welcomed the knee and shoulder operations but struggled with accepting this one. Glad to say that went very well.
All of this happened in a period of 2yrs and 4months thus the milestone. My heart operation was one year ago today and I don’t see any immediate or long term health requirements in the future. Let’s just say I am glad it’s over with. I am doing well and working towards a better life. I do admit I kinda feel like the rusty old car where you just keep throwing parts into it to keep it going.
Enjoy life today you don’t know what’s around t corner.
The Six million Dollar man .

Fortunately everything was replaceable. :thumbsup:

This is great to hear. Glad it worked out in the long run for you. The opposite is so much worse!

Getting old aint for wimps!! Thankfully we live in a time where we can get replacement parts for alot of our issues, I got both knees replaced last year.They keep talking about raising retirement age but alot of us actually are/were on our feet working 8-12 everyday. not kicked back on a ergo friendly desk, just sayin

Getting old aint for wimps!! Thankfully we live in a time where we can get replacement parts for alot of our issues, I got both knees replaced last year.They keep talking about raising retirement age but alot of us actually are/were on our feet working 8-12 everyday. not kicked back on a ergo friendly desk, just sayin
Well said. I know I worked hard and it wasn’t easy on my body although it may have helped in my recovery. At this time my shoulder and knees function perfectly with no pain at all. I was religious about Physio as well.

True story.
I had lunch with a friend today.
As we left, they asked me if they could help me walk to my car.:BangHead:
I feel like a 25-hundred dollar New Yorker.

Back