Plastic timing chain pieces in oil pan?

Sounds like you found your culprit with the cylinder with the rust in it. First thing is to get the piston out, I use a wire wheel on a drill and clean as much of the rust out as possible, then spray the cylinder with P B Blaster and let it soak. remove the connecting rod bolts and tap the piston out of the block, (Make sure you only do one piston at a time and don't mix the rod caps up).
If the crank and bearings are good the cost of a rebuild should not hurt to badly.

There's nothing that "wants" to do any winters in Edmonton.
I am sure it prefers to continue to drive in Edmonton winters instead of getting parted out.
I can hear it screaming.

Those rusty beaters can be great.
You know they don't have a future forever but you can enjoy them without bad feelings.
Often those get more driven than the show cars/ summer cruisers

Carsten

I am sure it prefers to continue to drive in Edmonton winters instead of getting parted out.
I can hear it screaming.

Those rusty beaters can be great.
You know they don't have a future forever but you can enjoy them without bad feelings.
Often those get more driven than the show cars/ summer cruisers

Carsten

It was a difficult decision and one that was not made easily, however it was time. Nothing has a future forever. Part of the reason I started running her was because she ran pretty good and I figured I could. I in a way spoiled myself in a way as my nicest car has not left the garage in 3-4 years. It's nice to not worry about your ride, even still, I did.

Back