WANTED Plymouth Wheel Hub Assembly D70589

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary68plyfury

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for part number D70589. It's a front wheel hub assembly from my 68 Plymouth Fury iii.
Guy before used the advertised lug stud on it and probably a impact wrench. One hole is now cracked/broken open.
My only option is to find someone close to me that can weld cast iron.
If it matters, it's BB 383 with 3inch drum brakes.

Last edited:
I'm looking for part number D70589. It's a front wheel hub assembly from my 68 Plymouth Fury iii.
Guy before used the advertised lug stud on it and probably a impact wrench. One hole is now cracked/broken open.
My only option is to find someone close to me that can weld cast iron.
If it matters, it's BB 383 with 3inch drum brakes.

D70589 is not a Chrysler part number. BD60141 is a Wagner part number for an 11 x 3 inch drum, but I don't whether that is left or right hand threads.

Are you 100% sure that your '68 Fury III has 11 x 3 front drums? 11 x 2.75 front drums were the standard front drum package on '68 Furys. 11 x 3's typically would be on '68 Furys ordered with heavy duty brakes or a towing package.

I currently own '68 Furys and have owned others in my 30+ years of experience with '68 Furys. If you haven't done so already, measure the width of the brake shoes, not the drum. Once you have confirmed the size of the brake shoes, contact me or @mobileparts to see if we have the drum with hub that you need.

D70589 is not a Chrysler part number. BD60141 is a Wagner part number for an 11 x 3 inch drum, but I don't whether that is left or right hand threads.

Are you 100% sure that your '68 Fury III has 11 x 3 front drums? 11 x 2.75 front drums were the standard front drum package on '68 Furys. 11 x 3's typically would be on '68 Furys ordered with heavy duty brakes or a towing package.

I currently own '68 Furys and have owned others in my 30+ years of experience with '68 Furys. If you haven't done so already, measure the width of the brake shoes, not the drum. Once you have confirmed the size of the brake shoes, contact me or @mobileparts to see if we have the drum with hub that you need.
FuryGT,
I'll double check tonight. I'm sure on the D70598 number. I'll post the pic later tonight

IMG_2802.jpeg

IMG_2803.jpeg

FuryGT,
I'll double check tonight. I'm sure on the D70598 number. I'll post the pic later tonight
Regardless of the part number, I agree with FURYGT, if you measure the brake shoe width, he can probably hook you up with the part you need.

Sucks when people overdo it with an impact gun. Torque for the c-body is not the same as a semi-truck.

Bill / Fury GT,
This one is on you…
11 “ x 3 “ Front Hub and
11 “ x 2 3/4 “ Front Hub
( same Bearings and Seals —- but I do believe a different hub height ) have been in the Used World ONLY for decades…..

If you have N.O.S. In —- any brand —- that is truly unbelievable!!!
If you have USED, that is still A - O Kay…..
Craig…..

Regardless of the part number, I agree with FURYGT, if you measure the brake shoe width, he can probably hook you up with the part you need.

Sucks when people overdo it with an impact gun. Torque for the c-body is not the same as a semi-truck.
Ok. Thanks. I took off tomorrow to work on the car so I’ll have updates tomorrow.
The combination of websites telling ya to use the wrong stud n an impact is totally wrong. I bought the wrong studs also but I don’t have too many power tools. I’m going old school when working on this car

Thanks for the help everyone.
Gary

Measured

measured the inside surface on the drum, where the pads drag, it’s just about 3.25 inches. The drum pads are 2.75 inches. Ofcourse not original n look to be recently replaced. It’s the drivers side but I put in right hand threads.
I’m not sure how to contact you with that contact info.

Last edited:
Measured

measured the inside surface on the drum, where the pads drag, it’s just about 3.25 inches. The drum pads are 2.75 inches. Ofcourse not original n look to be recently replaced. It’s the drivers side but I put in right hand threads.
I’m not sure how to contact you with that contact info.

Click on my FURYGT avatar and you will get a pop up box with a button n the bottom that says Private Message. Click that and send me a message.
3A518B44-7133-49CD-9475-27D94F5CD01A.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back