Popular Mechanics on Google books

I devoured PS and PM as a kid because I wanted one of everything. Thank you Klaus.

PicsArt_08-11-01.00.25.jpg

Thank you for this link!
My Dad subscribed to Popular Mechanics, Popular Science and Popular Electronics from about 1945 and he saved every issue. As a kid I didn't so much just read them as inhale and study them. The book pile became our reference and idea library. Today we rely upon Google, but it somehow isn't the same.

There is some interesting stuff, I missed out on them originally, wrong Country, wrong time, but for some time as I saw recently they even had a German Edition available going by the title "Populäre Mechanik". I also see them as a most interesting source for typical mid century architecture and interior decoration. While such a term doesn't exist in Germany our home designed in 1963 would most likely qualify as a Ranch house in the more sober early 60s Spirit.

Thank you for this link!
My Dad subscribed to Popular Mechanics, Popular Science and Popular Electronics from about 1945 and he saved every issue. As a kid I didn't so much just read them as inhale and study them. The book pile became our reference and idea library. Today we rely upon Google, but it somehow isn't the same.
Don't forget Mechanix Illustrated, My grandfather got them all and kept them, when I would visit I would flip through them again and again.

Alan

Back