Power Window Switch Wiring

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the windows working on my 69 Monaco but the previous owner made a mess of the plug and wires. Can anybody provide me with either a picture or diagram showing which wire goes where in the plug? Here's a picture to show what I have.
20240524_132859.jpg

Let's see if these pics help you. In my case I abandoned the damaged, archaic, poorly designed OEM connector system (notice the decades-old masking tape trying to hold that goofy connector together!) and I soldered "pigtails" directly to the studs (which is a delicate proposition to not melt something important). These pigtails were then connected to the harness using insulated butt connectors.

Anyhoo, hopefully this assortment of pics will help you figure-out what you need to know. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

OEM window switch connector--not working at all.JPG

Last edited:
I'm hoping that my labels on the pigtails can help you. Note the orange wires are a slightly heavier gage than the white ones because they're power and grounds, but I forget what I used.
IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0686.JPG
Switch connected to wiring harness in door.JPG
Switch connected to wiring harness.JPG
Window connection-Permanent fix.JPG

@vdk2010 found some Ford connectors that will work with a very slight tweak. I'll try to find them, but he's probably way more organized and will likely have the part number and source.

Let's see if these pics help you. In my case I abandoned the damaged, archaic, poorly designed OEM connector system (notice the decades-old masking tape trying to hold that goofy connector together!) and I soldered "pigtails" directly to the studs (which is a delicate proposition to not melt something important). These pigtails were then connected to the harness using insulated butt connectors.

Anyhoo, hopefully this assortment of pics will help you figure-out what you need to know. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

View attachment 662682

View attachment 662683

View attachment 662684

View attachment 662685

View attachment 662686

View attachment 662687
Thanks Trace! Just what I needed!

Back