Prestones '72 Javelin AMX prototype

Prestone-1972-AMC-Javelin-Defiant-106-1-768x469.jpg

I’ve seen pictures and articles on this car for a while now. Thought it was neat. Didn’t realize it was rocking over 800 HP tho.

Yuck.

The front spoiler is hideous, as is the chevy hood and whatever the rocker "ground effects" are supposed to be called. The side mirrors are overdone. Looks like it's trying to be a rice-burner. Oh wait, it does have a "Type R" emblem from Autozone.

The wheelbase and wheel opening alterations are ok. The rims could be better, but also could have been much worse.

Yuck.

The front spoiler is hideous, as is the chevy hood and whatever the rocker "ground effects" are supposed to be called. The side mirrors are overdone. Looks like it's trying to be a rice-burner. Oh wait, it does have a "Type R" emblem from Autozone.

The wheelbase and wheel opening alterations are ok. The rims could be better, but also could have been much worse.

If you have nothing good to say don't say it at all. The R symbol is actually RB which stands for Ring Brothers. These guys are one of the best in the biz. I can only imagine what your car looks like if you hate this one. Put your money where your mouth is and show us what you got.

I do like the interest in retro styled cars by manufactures these days. I tried watching closely the production of the Bass 770. But starting at $534,000 I doubt I’ll be cruising in one of these anytime soon.

00E5473C-3698-4C6F-9E29-6435B5E3FBC3.jpeg

542A71A8-5E23-4603-A7F3-90DD26107BB0.jpeg

If you have nothing good to say don't say it at all. The R symbol is actually RB which stands for Ring Brothers. These guys are one of the best in the biz. I can only imagine what your car looks like if you hate this one. Put your money where your mouth is and show us what you got.

Sorry, but that's not how it works comrade. If I think something doesn't look good, I get to say so. And it doesn't matter if I've got a million-dollar fleet, or a $2500 formal. You get to see through your eyes, I get to see this:
90be7014f1011cc8dd3c9d3315fe06d0--tuner-cars-jdm-cars.jpg

Mixed with this:

620270-1000-0.jpg

I like some aspects if of the car, but I stopped looking at it just as fast as I could. I like the intention of the build but agree it looks cheap and gawdy. Too much going on all over the car.

Actually Carmine always has great cars and valued opinion on this site. I also think the styling for this Javelin to be over the top. Free exchange of ideas. No need to file a hurt feelings report.

Heh, yes just the badges that changed known as the toyobaru twins

Sorry, but that's not how it works comrade. If I think something doesn't look good, I get to say so. And it doesn't matter if I've got a million-dollar fleet, or a $2500 formal. You get to see through your eyes, I get to see this:
View attachment 170503

Mixed with this:

View attachment 170504

Actually that is how it works. People heavily criticize builds all the time but have dick all in their own garage. Those kinds of people really have no place for an harshly critical opinion. You're comparing a car that was hand built by real craftsman to a rice car with stuff stuck on it. This car was built for Prestone. They ultimately had the final say in design, wheels, etc. Is the style of the build maybe slightly controversial..? For sure. But if you can't appreciate the work and design element in it then I can only imagine what kind of taste you have in what works and doesn't work on a car.

Actually that is how it works. People heavily criticize builds all the time but have dick all in their own garage. Those kinds of people really have no place for an harshly critical opinion. You're comparing a car that was hand built by real craftsman to a rice car with stuff stuck on it. This car was built for Prestone. They ultimately had the final say in design, wheels, etc. Is the style of the build maybe slightly controversial..? For sure. But if you can't appreciate the work and design element in it then I can only imagine what kind of taste you have in what works and doesn't work on a car.
I don't think anyone ripped the craftsmanship, just the style of the car.

And this is the internet, anyone can say ANYTHING! Do you have a direct connection to this car? You seen to be taking this personally. Just because a company decides what the end result is, doesn't mean they can't screw it up. Go to SEMA and you'll find some abominations.

Personal taste is just that, personal. We can't all agree on everything.

I don't think anyone ripped the craftsmanship, just the style of the car.

And this is the internet, anyone can say ANYTHING! Do you have a direct connection to this car? You seen to be taking this personally. Just because a company decides what the end result is, doesn't mean they can't screw it up. Go to SEMA and you'll find some abominations.

Personal taste is just that, personal. We can't all agree on everything.

I work in the industry and build musclecars on this level. I know the amount of blood, sweat and passion it takes to build something with 5000+ man hours in it. For that clown to call it a hideous rice burner is just rude and low brow. If you can't look at this car and say wow I can appreciate this thing but this this and this could have been done differently. You know... a little thing called constructive criticism..??

Back