Pro Street/Gasser?

GooBak

Reaction score
I have searched (so far in vain) for a C-body with a big-*** blower sticking through the hood, or a C body OR FL car done gasser style, or one wheels up. Somebody is doing this, because its all been done before, but I haven't seen it. Maybe even an altered wheelbase car, the predecessors to funny cars? If this all sounds crazy, blame hot rod magazine, because their Draguar made me want a blower on something silly:laughing4:

The reason I asked... draguar_.jpg

draguar_.jpg

They only ran 15s to start, but if you were starting with a 440 instead of a tired SBC...

Sweet! Although... doesn't a fury seem like the obvious choice? Or am I crazy for thinking this would be kickass on a new Yorker?

Im sure theres an austrailian out there with a 1000+hp 4 door Newport...

"Sweet! Although isn't a Fury the obvious choice? - GooBak

Yeah, the Fury is the most likely choice. It's probably the lightest of the C-bodies and it is also sportier (i.e. Sport Fury).

IMO, the Monaco 500 and Chrysler 300 were sportier than the New Yorker and would probably work better for the overall image. I don't think that the car would ever really be a "drag strip terror", but it would sure have a visual impact at cruise nights. :)

Last edited:
after the draguar got me going on the idea of a luxury car with a blower, I saw a early 80s suburban shiting on muscle cars at the strip. That made my brain say "horsepower can overcome weight..." Im sure youd go through transmissions and center sections like candy, but a land yacht doing a wheelie? Mind. Blown.

So a little research gave me this list...
hemi 765lbs
440 670lbs
A-833 130lbs
727 145lbs
dana 60 500+?

So our drivetrain is half a ton on its own... not sure about the dana 60 I know that it varies based on brakes and application, but it seems awful heavy. I couldn't find a weight for an 8 3/4 rear, only that its 30-70 pounds lighter

Oh OK, I didn't realize that you wanted a luxury image.

Anything can be done. There are a lot of bulletproof aftermarket transmissions and driveline parts on the market, as well as suspension parts, but...what's the old saying? "Speed costs money so how fast do you want to go?" It holds true anyway.

Yeah this would be another case of the drivetrain costing more than the car will ever be worth, but that would be a good excuse to my wife to never sell it... lol

It's not finished yet but this:
Blown 505.jpg
is going to replace a Tunnel ram 440 in my 65 Sport Fury convertible.

Blown 505.jpg

Last edited:
thats bitchin' but... its a fury... with those kind of timeslips youre almost at the tube chassis level, right? And is the body all steel? just curious and im not ripping on furies, I promise.

attachment.jpg

Oh No! I think I just posted a FL car... Not mine, and no blower, but we're getting closer

attachment.jpg

Back